|May 29, 2017|
|May 29, 2017|
Currency in MYR
Engineering & Construction
|Full time employees:||--|
MMC Corp. Bhd. is an investment holding company, which engages in the construction, mining and mineral exploration. It operates through the following segments: Ports and Logistics; Energy and Utilities; and Engineering and Construction. The Ports & Logistics segment operates Port Tanjung Pelepas, Johor Port, Red Sea Gateway Terminal, and Senai Airport Terminal. The Energy and Utilities segment supplies natural gas to the non-power sector, and treated water in Johor. The Engineering and Construction segment focuses on infrastructure and construction projects such as Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit, Bukit Berapit twin-bore tunnel, and Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel. The company was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
MMC is a leading utilities and infrastructure company with energy, ports and construction businesses.
Malakoff, the group's energy arm, generates 5,020 megawatts of electricity, nearly a quarter of mainland Malaysia's power generation capacity. Another subsidiary, Gas Malaysia is the sole provider of natural gas to industrial and residential customers in the country through its nearly 2,000km long pipelines.
MMC operates Malaysia's largest container terminal in the Port of Tanjung Pelepas, in the southeast coast near Singapore. The port can handle up to 10.5 million twenty-foot equivalent units annually.
The group's construction company is one of the largest in the country, and is known for undertaking major infrastructure projects across the country.
MMC is controlled by billionaire Syed Mokhtar Albukhary, an ethnic Malay with roots in Central Asia. The company is headed by Group Managing Director Che Khalib Mohamad Noh, who previously headed the state electric company Tenaga Nasional.
In the news
Contributions from energy and ports to drive growth
May 30, 2017 12:08 am JST
With a 49.9% stake, the Chinese automaker secures production base in Southeast Asia
May 25, 2017 1:30 am JST
Malaysian companies to collaborate on port management
May 16, 2017 9:47 pm JST
April 17, 2017 8:06 pm JST
April 14, 2017 8:25 pm JST
Sime Darby, MMC Corp. and Adani Group planning $32 billion port city
April 3, 2017 11:08 pm JST
March 1, 2017 9:12 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||672.74M|
|Dividends per share||0.04|
|Operating cash flow||490.68M|
Currency in MYR
|Income before tax||162.39M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||118.44M|
Currency in USD
- Group Managing Director & Director: Khalib bin Mohamad Noh
- Group Chief Financial Officer: Mohamad Shahar bin Yope
- Group Head-Strategy & Corporate Affairs: Badrulhisyam Fauzi
- Head-Group Corporate Planning: Ahmad Zaki
- Director-Group Treasury: Khuan Eoi Lee
- AL BUKHARY SERI SYED MOKHTAR SHAH BIN SYED NOR(51.7%)
- Permodalan Nasional Bhd.(21.5%)
- Lembaga Tabung Haji(6.9%)
- Employees Provident Fund(4.9%)
- Kumpulan Wang Persaraan(3.4%)
- AIA Bhd.(1.7%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(0.9%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(0.9%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.4%)
- Eastspring Investments (Singapore) Ltd.(0.3%)
- Website: http://www.mmc.com.my
- Address: Persiaran Raja Chulan, Wisma Budiman, Kuala Lumpur, 50200, Malaysia
- Phone: +60.3.2071.1000
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.