|Mar 24, 2017|
|Mar 24, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||87,202|
China Southern Airlines Co. Ltd. engages in the provision of domestic, international, and regional scheduled and unscheduled air transportation of passenger, cargo, mail and baggage, general aviation, and aircraft maintenance. It operates through the following geographical segments: Domestic; International; and Hong kong, Macau, and Taiwan. The company was founded on March 25, 1995 and is headquartered in Guangzhou, China.
China Southern Airlines is one of the top three Chinese carriers, alongside Air China and China Eastern Airlines. By sales and passenger numbers in 2014, it ranked No. 1.
China Southern in 2014 carried more than 100 million passengers for the first time. As of April 2015, it had 474 aircraft in its fleet.
The airline is based at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province. It was established in 1995 and listed on the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing in 1997.
The airline is expanding internationally. Its strength is in the Asia-Pacific region, flying to popular destinations such as Bangkok and other parts of Southeast Asia, as well as Japan, Australia and New Zealand. Last year, the airline served 1,052 destinations in 177 countries and regions, including code shares.
China Southern's subsidiaries include Xiamen Airlines, Shantou Airlines, Guizhou Airlines, Zhuhai Airlines, Chongqing Airlines and Henan Airlines. It is a member of SkyTeam, an alliance led by U.S. carrier Delta Air Lines.
In the news
March 23, 2017 7:52 pm JST
Steadier Wall Street pushes Hang Seng to 5th gain in 6 sessiions
March 23, 2017 3:06 pm JST
Hong Kong carrier sees signs of recovery in passenger bookings, cargo demand
March 15, 2017 11:20 pm JST
March 15, 2017 8:24 pm JST
March 15, 2017 3:13 pm JST
February 21, 2017 7:01 pm JST
February 15, 2017 7:34 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||7,119.65M|
|Dividends per share||0.09|
|Operating cash flow||28,943.62M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||918.35M|
|Dividends per share||0.01|
|Operating cash flow||3,733.42M|
Currency in USD
- Vice Chairman, President & CEO: Wan Geng Tan
- Chief Operating Officer: Zheng Rong Zhang
- Chief Financial Officer & Chief Accountant: Li Xin Xiao
- Chief Economist: Liang Su
- Member-Supervisory Board & GM-Audit Department: Yi Hua Yang
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission(38.0%)
- Macquarie Bank Ltd.(3.9%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(2.1%)
- Citigroup Global Markets Ltd. (Investment Management)(1.8%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd.(1.0%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(0.9%)
- APG Asset Management NV(0.9%)
- Robeco Institutional Asset Management BV(0.9%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.9%)
- Harvest Fund Management Co., Ltd.(0.5%)
- Website: http://www.csair.com
- Address: 278 Ji Chang Road, Guangzhou, 510405, China
- Phone: +86.20.86124462
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.