|Jul 24, 2017|
|Jul 24, 2017|
Currency in INR
|Full time employees:||82,841|
ICICI Bank Ltd. provides a range of banking and financial services, which includes retail banking, corporate banking and treasury operations. The company also provides commercial banking, retail banking, project and corporate finance, working capital finance, venture capital and private equity, investment banking, broking and treasury products and services. It operates through following segments: Retail Banking, Wholesale Banking, Treasury, and Other Banking. The Retail Banking segment includes exposures of the bank, which satisfy the four qualifying criteria of regulatory retail portfolio as stipulated by the RBI guidelines on the Basel II framework. The Wholesale Banking segment includes all advances to trusts, partnership firms, companies and statutory bodies, by the bank which are not included in the Retail Banking segment, as per the RBI guidelines for the bank. The Treasury segment includes the entire investment portfolio of the bank. The Other Banking segment includes leasing operations and other items not attributable to any particular business segment of the bank. The company was founded on January 5, 1994 and is headquartered in Mumbai, India.
ICICI Bank is a major commercial bank in India. While many commercial banks in India are affiliated with the government, ICICI Bank is the largest in the country's private-sector. Its total assets stood at $99 billion at the end of March in 2014. It runs more than 4,000 branch offices in India and has over 12,000 ATMs.
In 1955, the Indian business community and the World Bank established Industrial Credit and Investment Corp. of India (ICICI) to promote project finance in the country. ICICI set up ICICI Bank as a subsidiary in 1994. ICICI gradually sold off shares in the bank on the stock market. In 2002, the bank merged with ICICI. All shares in the bank are now on the market.
The bank went public in the U.S. in 2000. It acquired Bank of Madura, which is based in southern India, the following year. The acquisition boosted the bank's total assets.
ICICI Bank is expanding in rural areas and is trying to spread use of mobile payments settlement technology. Chanda Kochhar, who became CEO of the bank in 2009, was ranked by Forbes magazine as one of India's leading business women.
In the news
July 19, 2017 9:16 pm JST
July 17, 2017 9:40 pm JST
July 13, 2017 8:58 pm JST
July 13, 2017 8:11 pm JST
July 13, 2017 8:05 pm JST
July 12, 2017 9:25 pm JST
July 10, 2017 8:38 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||138,135.39M|
|Dividends per share||2.27|
|Operating cash flow||390,415.86M|
Currency in INR
|Income before tax||2,059.96M|
|Dividends per share||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||5,822.14M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director & MD: Chanda Deepak Kochhar
- Chief Financial Officer & Group Executive: Rakesh Jha
- Group Executive & Chief Technological Officer: Madhivanan Balakrishnan
- Secretary, Senior GM-Legal & Compliance Officer: Sanker Parameswaran
- Director & Executive Director-Retail Business: Anup Bagchi
- Deutsche Bank AG(25.1%)
- Life Insurance Corp. of India(10.4%)
- Dodge & Cox(7.0%)
- HDFC Asset Management Co. Ltd.(3.4%)
- ICICI Prudential Asset Management Co. Ltd.(2.3%)
- SBI Funds Management Pvt Ltd.(1.7%)
- General Insurance Corp. of India (Invt Port)(1.7%)
- Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management Ltd.(1.5%)
- Birla Sun Life Asset Management Co. Ltd.(1.4%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors)(1.3%)
- Website: http://www.icicibank.com
- Address: ICICI Bank Towers, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Mumbai, 400051, India
- Phone: +91.22.33667777
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.