|Jul 21, 2017|
|Jul 21, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||42,210|
Huaneng Power International, Inc. engages in the construction and operation of power plants. The company mainly engages in the development, construction and operation of large power plants utilizing modern technology and equipment and using international as well as domestic capital. It operates through the following segments: PRC Power, Singapore, and Other. The PRC Power segment sells generated power and heat in China. The Singapore segment operates Tuas Power Ltd. The Other segment renders port and transportation services. The company was founded on June 30, 1994 and is headquartered in Beijing, China.
Huaneng Power International is a major Chinese state-owned electric power company. It is a unit of state giant China Huaneng Group and one of the country's five biggest electric utilities, which include China Datong and China Guodian. China Huaneng is the largest of the five in terms of business scale.
Huaneng Power is active nationwide, engaging in developing, constructing and managing power-generation facilities. It also has business operations in the areas of finance, coal mining, transport and new energy.
China Huaneng, established in 1985, founded Huaneng Power as its core subsidiary in 1994.
Huaneng Power has a strong business base protected by the government's market entry regulations. Because the big five power players dominate the domestic market for electricity, Huaneng Power enjoys stable earnings.
Huaneng Power recently purchased a power producer in Singapore as part of its aggressive overseas expansion push.
Under the strong influence of former Chinese Premier Li Peng and his family, Huaneng Power is known to be at the center of the "electric power clique." It has made considerable use of the extensive human networks it has established in political and business circles.
The company is drawing keen attention as a possible target of Chinese President Xi Jinping's anti-corruption campaign.
In the news
July 18, 2017 7:54 pm JST
July 18, 2017 7:38 pm JST
July 18, 2017 12:30 pm JST
July 17, 2017 8:30 pm JST
July 17, 2017 8:29 pm JST
Program intends to lure international investors into China's $9.6tn bond market
July 3, 2017 10:23 pm JST
June 22, 2017 8:32 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||15,251.63M|
|Dividends per share||0.32|
|Operating cash flow||38,053.59M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||1,964.79M|
|Dividends per share||0.04|
|Operating cash flow||4,902.26M|
Currency in USD
- Group Chief Executive Officer: Stuart Thomson Gulliver
- President & Executive Director: Guo Yue Liu
- Director & Vice President: Xia Xia Fan
- Chief Accountant & Vice President: Hui Zhou
- Vice President: Ping Zhao
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission(10.0%)
- JF Asset Management Ltd.(3.5%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(2.8%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(2.2%)
- UBS AG (Investment Management)(1.9%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (Global Investors)(1.9%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd.(1.4%)
- Capital International, Inc.(1.0%)
- JPMorgan Investment Management, Inc.(0.8%)
- JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Ltd.(0.8%)
- Website: http://www.hpi.com.cn
- Address: Huaneng Building, 4 Fuxingmennei Street, Beijing, 100031, China
- Phone: +86.10.6322.6999
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.