|Mar 28, 2017|
|Mar 28, 2017|
Currency in MYR
|Full time employees:||--|
Telekom Malaysia Bhd. engages in the provision of communication services and solutions in broadband, data, and fixed-line. It operates through the following segments: Mass Market, Managed Accounts, and Global and Wholesale Business. The Mass Market segment comprises the Company's retail arm and its subsidiaries which complement the retail business. It offers telecommunication services and communications solutions to households, individuals as well as small and medium enterprise companies. The Managed Accounts segment provides telecommunications services and communications solutions to small and medium business. The Global and Wholesale Business segment includes the wholesale arm of the Company and its subsidiaries that complement the wholesale business. It offers wholesale telecommunications services delivered over the Group's networks to domestic and international carriers. The company was founded in 1946 and is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Telekom Malaysia is the country's leading telecommunications company. Its roots date back to the early 20th century when Malaysia's postal and telegraph services were incorporated by British colonizers.
Today, TM is the dominant provider of fixed telephone services and has a more than 90% share of the fixed broadband market with products Streamyx and UniFi. It plans to introduce 4G broadband services after acquiring a majority stake in local wireless broadband provider Packet One Networks in 2014.
Packet One will work with South Korea's SK Telecom to establish an Long-Term Evolution network across Malaysia.
TM also operates an Internet Protocol television service called HyppTV. It has a small share of Malaysia's television market.
TM is a listed company. The government's investment holding arm, Khazanah Nasional, has a majority stake in it.
TM has been led by Managing Director Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa since 2008.
In the news
March 22, 2017 8:49 pm JST
March 20, 2017 8:43 pm JST
March 20, 2017 8:06 pm JST
March 20, 2017 7:15 pm JST
Company in focus
To free group from conglomerate discount, plantation and property divisions will be listed separately
March 18, 2017 3:00 pm JST
Double Dip Asia300
First double dip since 1997 financial crisis puts resilience to the test
March 9, 2017 10:00 am JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||889.1M|
|Dividends per share||0.21|
|Operating cash flow||2,988.5M|
Currency in MYR
|Income before tax||214.61M|
|Dividends per share||0.05|
|Operating cash flow||721.38M|
Currency in USD
- Group CEO, Non-Independent Executive Director & MD: Zamzamzairani Mohamad Isa
- Group CFO & Non-Independent Executive Director: Bazlan Osman
- Chief Technology & Innovations Officer: Giorgio Migliarina
- Chief Legal & Compliance Officer: Idrus bin Ismail
- Chief Procurement Officer: Mohamad Mohamad Zain
- Khazanah Nasional Bhd. (Investment Company)(26.2%)
- Employees Provident Fund(15.5%)
- Permodalan Nasional Bhd.(12.5%)
- Kumpulan Wang Persaraan(4.8%)
- Public Mutual Bhd.(3.0%)
- Lembaga Tabung Haji(2.0%)
- Bumiputra Investment Foundation(1.9%)
- Eastspring Investments Bhd.(1.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.0%)
- Pictet Asset Management SA(0.9%)
- Website: http://www.tm.com.my
- Address: Menara TM, Jalan Pantai Baharu, Kuala Lumpur, 50672, Malaysia
- Phone: +60.3.2240.9494
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.