|Jul 21, 2017|
|Jul 21, 2017|
Currency in HKD
Real Estate Development
|Full time employees:||4,720|
Hang Lung Properties Ltd. operates as an investment holding company. It operates through the subsidiaries, which engages in the activities of property investment for rental income, property development for sales and leasing, car park management and property management. The company operates through the following business segments: Property Leasing and Property Sales. The Property Leasing segment includes the investment properties portfolio, consists of retail, office, residential, serviced apartments and car parks in Hong Kong and mainland China. The Property Sales segment includes development and sale of trading properties in Hong Kong. Hang Lung Properties was founded on December 19, 1949 and is headquartered in Hong Kong.
Hang Lung Properties is a major Hong Kong real estate developer. It operates a number of upscale shopping malls in mainland China.
After its founding in 1960, the company grew rapidly by building large condominiums along subway lines in Hong Kong. In the Causeway Bay commercial district on Hong Kong Island, the company operates such shopping malls as Fashion Walk and Hang Lung Center, where H&M and other global fashion houses have their flagship stores.
Hang Lung entered mainland China in the early 1990s. In Shanghai's Nanjing Xi Lu shopping district, it opened Plaza 66, a 66-story office building and mall complex that houses the flagship stores of such luxury brands as Louis Vuitton and Chanel. Plaza 66 is said to be one of the most successful commercial complexes in China. Hang Lung has opened similar facilities in the cities of Tianjin, Wuxi and Shenyang.
The company's chairman, Ronnie Chan Chi-chung, is the son of the founder. He earned an MBA at the University of Southern California and has many contacts in the U.S. After becoming chairman in 1991, he began actively investing in the mainland Chinese market.
Chan is known for his straight-talking manner and is often invited to speak at international conferences. He is also known for his philanthropy, making generous donations to Harvard University and other educational institutions through a foundation established by his family.
In the news
July 12, 2017 7:51 pm JST
July 12, 2017 7:24 pm JST
July 7, 2017 8:14 pm JST
July 7, 2017 8:06 pm JST
July 7, 2017 2:32 pm JST
July 7, 2017 2:30 pm JST
July 6, 2017 8:52 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||7,917M|
|Dividends per share||0.75|
|Operating cash flow||6,341M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||1,019.90M|
|Dividends per share||0.09|
|Operating cash flow||816.88M|
Currency in USD
- Managing Director & Executive Director: Nan Lok Chen
- Chief Financial Officer & Executive Director: Hau Cheong Ho
- Group Financial Controller & Assistant Director: Wai Man Mak
- Head-Corporate Audit: Tin-For Tsang
- Secretary: Ka Man Yan
- Hang Lung Group Ltd.(55.1%)
- First Eagle Investment Management LLC(6.0%)
- Aberdeen Asset Managers Ltd.(1.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.2%)
- Aberdeen Asset Management (Asia) Ltd.(0.9%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(0.8%)
- CBRE Clarion Securities LLC(0.7%)
- Seafarer Capital Partners LLC(0.7%)
- APG Asset Management NV(0.7%)
- Orbis Investment Management Ltd.(0.6%)
- Website: http://www.hanglung.com
- Address: 28th Floor, Standard Chartered Bank, 4 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.2879.0111
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.