|Mar 27, 2017|
|Mar 27, 2017|
Currency in TWD
Computer Processing Hardware
|Full time employees:||72,796|
Compal Electronics, Inc. engages in the research, development, design, production, and sale of computing, communications, and consumer products. Its products include notebook PCs, Liquid-Crystal display products, smart device, Ultrabook PCs, 2-in-1 PCs, All-In-One (AIO) PCs, Tablet PCs, Servers, Auto Electronics (AE), Smart Home products, Public Displays, Smart Phones, Smart Accessory, and Wearable Devices. The company was founded by Chau Ing Hsu on June 1, 1984 and is headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan.
Compal Electronics is a leading Taiwanese computer maker, with assets totaling over $11 billion. It manufactures notebooks, mobile devices and liquid crystal display products.
The company supplies PCs to such big-name clients as Dell and Lenovo Group. It has a business presence in mainland China, the U.S., Vietnam, Brazil, Poland and Mexico, and has more than 6,000 employees.
As part of Compal's efforts to expand, the company has been shifting away from its core PC business and venturing into the industrial computer and mobile device sectors. Compal reportedly helps produce Apple's iPads, as well as smartphones for such companies as HTC and Sony.
It has also tried to diversify into other fields through takeovers. In 2014, it acquired a minority stake in Taiwanese industrial and embedded PC-maker Avalue Technology to tap into the health care and connected-device sectors.
The company was established by the Hsu family in 1984. Chairman Rock Hsu also serves as chairman of more than 30 technology companies in Taiwan, including Kinpo Electronics, AcBel Polytech and Vibo Telecom.
In the news
June 24, 2016 7:00 pm JST
June 16, 2016 12:00 pm JST
January 28, 2016 12:00 pm JST
January 22, 2016 7:30 am JST
December 10, 2015 4:38 am JST
December 9, 2015 10:40 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||11,424.93M|
|Dividends per share||1.00|
|Operating cash flow||9,375.57M|
Currency in TWD
|Income before tax||359.79M|
|Dividends per share||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||295.25M|
Currency in USD
- General Manager & Director: Jui Tsung Chen
- Spokesman, Head-Finance & Accounting: Ching Hsiung Lue
- Director & Deputy General Manager: Tsung Pin Weng
- Director & Deputy General Manager: Yung Ching Chang
- Director & Deputy General Manager: Wen Chung Shen
- Kinpo Electronics, Inc.(3.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(3.1%)
- Eastspring Investments (Singapore) Ltd.(2.9%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(2.8%)
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (Investment Management)(2.2%)
- Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co. LLC(1.9%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.7%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co.(1.6%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(1.5%)
- Fubon Life Insurance Co., Ltd.(1.4%)
- Website: http://www.compal.com
- Address: No. 581, Ruiguang Road, Neihu District, Taipei, 11492, Taiwan
- Phone: +886.2.8797.8588
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.