|Mar 27, 2017|
|Mar 27, 2017|
Currency in TWD
|Full time employees:||12,437|
China Airlines Ltd. engages in the provision of international air passenger transport and freight services. Its business includes air passenger transport in regular or occasional international charter contract; air cargo services; civil aviation international airport and transit of aircraft handling services; aircraft merchandise sales; aircraft catering; aircraft internal products such as cloth laundry washing and hospitality industry general business; in, out, and transit air cargo warehousing services; and aircraft airframe maintenance. The company was founded on September 07, 1959 and is headquartered in Taoyuan, Taiwan.
Founded in December 1959 by the Taiwanese government, China Airlines is Taiwan's flagship carrier and its largest. It is a member of the SkyTeam global airline alliance and offers both passenger and air cargo services.
The government-controlled airline flies to major destinations in North America, Europe and Asia. Traditionally a long-haul carrier with a fleet of 90 passenger and cargo jets, it mainly relies on Airbus A330 and Boeing 747 planes for intercontinental flights.
Now it mostly depends on regional passenger flights, particularly to China, Japan and South Korea, for revenue growth. Passenger flights account for more than two-thirds of the company's annual revenue, with the remainder coming from cargo services and onboard sales of duty-free goods.
In 2013, it created Tigerair Taiwan with Singapore-based Tigerair to tap Asia's budget air travel market.
Company President Chang Yu-Hern is a veteran in the local transportation sector. Previously he served as director-general of the Institute of Transportation under Ministry of Transportation and Communications. Before that, he was a director and consultant at the China Aviation Development Foundation, a government-controlled entity that is responsible for growing Taiwan's aviation industry.
In the news
Restaurant chain voices support for 'One China' days after Tsai's call with Trump
December 6, 2016 12:30 am JST
Crashes hastened the carrier's demise, but they were only part of the problem
December 1, 2016 12:00 pm JST
November 22, 2016 11:15 pm JST
November 21, 2016 10:04 pm JST
September 19, 2016 9:30 pm JST
September 9, 2016 3:00 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||6,618.74M|
|Dividends per share||0.45|
|Operating cash flow||31,948.04M|
Currency in TWD
|Income before tax||208.43M|
|Dividends per share||0.01|
|Operating cash flow||1,006.10M|
Currency in USD
- General Manager & Director: Yu Heng Chang
- Deputy GM-Finance & Head-Accounting: Wan Chun Chung
- Deputy General Manager & Director-Repairing Plant: Chun Chun Huang
- Deputy General Manager-Enterprise Development: Hsiao Hsing Tung
- Assistant General Manager: Yuan Huai Fang
- China Aviation Development Foundation(34.1%)
- National Development Fund of The Executive Yuan(9.5%)
- Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd.(4.8%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(1.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.6%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.5%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.8%)
- BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd.(0.3%)
- Mellon Capital Management Corp.(0.3%)
- Andra AP-fonden(0.2%)
- Website: http://www.china-airlines.com
- Address: No. 1 Hangzhan South Road, Dayuan District, Taoyuan, 337 58, Taiwan
- Phone: +886.3.399.8888
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.