|Mar 24, 2017|
|Mar 24, 2017|
Currency in HKD
Real Estate Development
|Full time employees:||5,300|
China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd. is an investment holding company, which engages in the provision of finance, treasury, and management services. The company operates its business through the following segments: Property Development, Property Investment, and Other Operations. The Property Development segment involves property development activities. The Property Investment segment offers property rentals. The Other Operations segment comprises of real estate agency and management services; and construction and building design consultancy services. The company was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Hong Kong.
China Overseas Land & Investment is a major state-owned real estate company that mainly develops, markets and administers condominiums and other properties in mainland China under the name of China Overseas Property . It is a core unit of China State Construction Engineering. China Overseas Land & Investment operates mainly in 48 cities, including Beijing and Shanghai. The company has been developing shopping centers in recent years while the real estate business has contracted amid China's economic slowdown.
Shortly after it was founded, the company mainly handled government-related projects, such as constructing army hospital or foreign ministry building. As the Chinese economy later grew and the housing supply tightened, the company began building condominiums and other collective homes for nongovernment workers.
For a long time, China Overseas Land & Investment concentrated on housing, but it later embarked on the development of shopping centers as Chinese consumers' purchasing power grew. It opened an 80,000-sq.-meter commercial facility in Shenyang, Liaoning Province in May 2014, and aims to set up similar complexes in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, and Zhuhai, Guangdong Province, within a few years.
The company also operates in Hong Kong and Macau, but has almost no presence in foreign markets. It bought in 2012 an office building in London for 200 million pounds ($301 million at current rate), but has made no other significant investments abroad. With the glut of housing in China, the company may have to begin expanding its activities abroad.
In the news
Steadier Wall Street pushes Hang Seng to 5th gain in 6 sessiions
March 23, 2017 3:06 pm JST
Land purchase is crucial in competitive market, analyst says
March 23, 2017 12:00 am JST
March 22, 2017 9:13 pm JST
March 22, 2017 8:12 pm JST
March 22, 2017 2:18 pm JST
March 21, 2017 2:10 pm JST
March 20, 2017 7:32 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||48,823.12M|
|Dividends per share||0.61|
|Operating cash flow||35,976.08M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||6,297.66M|
|Dividends per share||0.07|
|Operating cash flow||4,640.53M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director: Jian Guo Yan
- Chief Financial Officer & Executive Director: Yun Wing Nip
- Executive Director, Chief Architect & VP: Liang Luo
- Vice President: Xiao Feng Lin
- Vice President: Da Ping Dong
- China State Construction Engineering Corp., Ltd.(55.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.2%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(0.7%)
- JPMorgan Investment Management, Inc.(0.6%)
- Genesis Investment Management LLP(0.5%)
- APG Asset Management NV(0.5%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.5%)
- JPMorgan Whitefriars (UK)(0.5%)
- JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Ltd.(0.5%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd.(0.4%)
- Website: http://www.coli.com.hk
- Address: 10th Floor, Three Pacific Place, 1 Queen's Road East, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.2823.7888
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.