|Apr 21, 2017|
|Apr 21, 2017|
Currency in MYR
|Full time employees:||60,000|
DRB-Hicom Bhd. is an investment holding company, which engages in the automotive, services, and property and infrastructure businesses. It operates through the following segments: Automotive, Services, and Property, Asset and Construction. The Automotive segment focuses on manufacturing, assembly, importation, pre-delivery inspection, composite manufacturing, distribution, and sale of motor vehicles, military vehicles, motorcycles, and special purpose vehicles including sale of related spare parts and services. The Services segment offers concession, banking, insurances, postal, integrated logistics and inventory solutions, education, and trading in engineering products and services. The Property, Asset, and Construction segment is involved in property holding, development and construction works, and asset management services. The company was founded on August 28, 1990 and is headquartered in Shah Alam, Malaysia.
DRB-Hicom counts automaking, services and property development among its many lines of business. It lead Malaysia's efforts to industrialize in the early 1980s, when national car Proton was introduced. The automaker was later spun off.
Proton Holdings was acquired in 2012 by DRB-Hicom. Besides automaking, DRB-Hicom is a contract manufacturer and distributor for Japanese and European brand cars. Proton recently appointed former Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad as chairman in a bid to halt declining market share.
Under its services division, DRB-Hicom owns postal service Pos Malaysia, solid waste management company Alam Flora and commercial vehicle inspection business Puspakom. DRB-Hicom is also involved in township development in the country.
The company is majority owned by Etika Strategi, a private company controlled by tycoon Syed Mokhtar Albukhary. DRB-Hicom is headed by Managing Director Khamil Jamil, a lawyer by training.
In the news
April 11, 2017 7:39 pm JST
Last-mile delivery companies set to gain from e-commerce hub
April 6, 2017 9:03 pm JST
March 24, 2017 8:08 pm JST
March 23, 2017 9:52 pm JST
March 23, 2017 8:29 pm JST
Steadier Wall Street pushes Hang Seng to 5th gain in 6 sessiions
March 23, 2017 3:06 pm JST
Automaker mum on Proton deal and dismisses Volvo IPO rumors
March 23, 2017 12:23 am JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||-1,048.33M|
|Dividends per share||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||-131.56M|
Currency in MYR
|Income before tax||-258.87M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||-32.48M|
Currency in USD
- Group Managing Director: Faisal Albar bin Ali Rethza Albar
- Chief Operating Officer & Head-Finance: Ahmad Fuaad bin Mohammed Kenali
- Head-Group Information Technology: Kim Fatt Cham
- Group Director-Business Development: Khalid bin Abdol Rahman
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer: Radzaif bin Mohamed
- NOR MOKHTAR SHAH(55.9%)
- Lembaga Tabung Haji(5.5%)
- Employees Provident Fund(4.9%)
- Kumpulan Wang Persaraan(3.9%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(1.8%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(1.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.2%)
- Tai Tak Estates Sdn. Bhd.(0.5%)
- LSV Asset Management(0.5%)
- YAHAYA AHMAD FAMILY(0.4%)
- Website: http://www.drb-hicom.com
- Address: Wisma DRB-HICOM, No. 2, Jalan Usahawan U1/8, Shah Alam, 40150, Malaysia
- Phone: +60.3.2052.8000
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.