|Jul 24, 2017|
|Jul 24, 2017|
Currency in THB
|Full time employees:||--|
Charoen Pokphand Foods Public Co. Ltd. engages in the operation of agro-industrial and food businesses. It operates through the Livestock and Aquaculture Business segments. The Livestock Business segment comprises of chicken, ducks, and pigs. The Aquaculture Business segment consists of shrimp and fish. Its products includes animal feed, animal farm products, and processed foods and ready meals. The company was founded on January 17, 1978 and is headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand.
Charoen Pokphand Foods is the core agribusiness arm of Thailand's largest conglomerate, Charoen Pokphand Group, with sales accounting for about 30% of the group's revenue.
Its main businesses are animal feed, shrimp farming and livestock farming. It also operates restaurants, food courts and retailers, such as CP Fresh Mart, a small supermarket that sells CP products.
The company's roots date back to the 1920s, when the founders started a small seed shop in Bangkok. They then expanded the business into animal feed production and later livestock farming, processing, marketing and distribution.
CP Foods has subsidiaries in nearly 20 countries and exports to more than 40. In 2012, it acquired CP Pokphand, which is in charge of agribusiness operations in China and Vietnam, from CP Group and made it a subsidiary. In 2014, it sold 25% of CPP's stake to Japanese trading house Itochu as part of a cross-shareholding deal between Itochu and CP Group.
CP Group and CP Foods Chairman Dhanin Chearavanont took over from his father in 1969. Adirek Sripratak, the company's chief executive officer since 2003, is not from the founding family.
In the news
Thai company ordered to close wastewater treatment pond for 30 days
June 27, 2017 9:28 pm JST
After a bumper year of deals, agribusiness seeks to lower interest payments
June 26, 2017 11:22 pm JST
Symptoms include weak consumption, aging population, currency appreciation
June 7, 2017 10:30 am JST
Company wants to generate 75% of sales from international operations by 2020
April 3, 2017 11:57 pm JST
Hong Kong, South Korean restaurants and shops drop dishes and offerings
March 23, 2017 11:59 pm JST
Billionaire's son seeks experience while running Thai conglomerate
January 20, 2017 5:00 am JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||21,386M|
|Dividends per share||0.95|
|Operating cash flow||24,679M|
Currency in THB
|Income before tax||606.16M|
|Dividends per share||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||699.50M|
Currency in USD
- Vice Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer: Adirek Sripratak
- Chief Financial Officer: Paisan Chirakitcharern
- EVP-Food Processing Technology & Engineering Unit: Anurat Suthamnirun
- EVP-Information Technology & Application Unit: Praderm Chotsuparach
- Executive VP-General Administration Unit: Voravit Janthanakul
- CHEARAVANONT FAMILY(45.9%)
- Charoen Pokphand Foods Public Co. Ltd.(3.7%)
- Social Security Office of Thailand(2.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.7%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(1.4%)
- JIRAPHUMMIN WALAIPORN(1.3%)
- TIEANWORN PRINYA(1.2%)
- Temasek Capital Pte Ltd.(0.7%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(0.5%)
- Causeway Capital Management LLC(0.5%)
- Website: http://www.cpfworldwide.com
- Address: 313 C. P. Tower, Silom Road, Bangkok, 10500, Thailand
- Phone: +66.2.625.8000
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.