|Mar 24, 2017|
|Mar 24, 2017|
Currency in INR
|Full time employees:||16,651|
Asian Paints Ltd. manufactures and markets paints and coating products. It operates through the Paints and Home Improvement segments. Its products include: interior and exterior walls; wallpapers; wood finishes; metal finishes; waterproofing solutions; professional range; adhesives; and painting tools and implements. It also offers the following services: colour consultancy at home; home painting services; large projects; experience retail stores; and colour consultancy online. The company was founded by Champaklal H. Choksey, Chimanlal N.Choksi, Suryakant C. Dani and Arvind R. Vakil on February 1, 1942 and is headquartered in Mumbai, India.
Asian Paints, India's biggest paint producer, offers both household- and industrial-use products. Founded in 1942 by four partners, the company has held the largest share of the domestic paint market since 1967. It does business in South Asia, Africa, the Middle East and elsewhere through group units; all told, it supplies paint to more than 60 countries.
The company's growth is partly attributable to its active adoption of new technologies. Over the years, it enhanced its lineup of high-end paint for homes. Asian Paints' showrooms in Delhi and Mumbai are designed to present a broad range of products to customers.
In the automobile paint market, Asian Paints has a joint venture with major U.S. company PPG Industries.
The founders' families and affiliated companies own nearly 50% of Asian Paints shares. The board is also dominated by founding family members. The company is eager to expand abroad: In early 2015, it decided to acquire Ethiopia's Kadisco Paint.
In the news
February 16, 2017 9:08 pm JST
January 24, 2017 9:00 pm JST
January 23, 2017 10:28 pm JST
January 23, 2017 9:17 pm JST
December 19, 2016 8:19 pm JST
December 16, 2016 9:08 pm JST
December 5, 2016 8:31 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||26,284.1M|
|Dividends per share||7.5|
|Operating cash flow||23,779M|
Currency in INR
|Income before tax||401.46M|
|Dividends per share||0.11|
|Operating cash flow||363.19M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer, MD & Executive Director: K. B. S. Anand
- CFO, Secretary & Compliance Officer: Jayesh Merchant
- President-Technology, Sales & Marketing: Amit Syngle
- President-IT, Home Improvement & International: Manish Mahendra Choksi
- Manager-Customer Centricity: Varun Amar Vakil
- Geetanjali Trading & Investments Pvt Ltd.(16.2%)
- Life Insurance Corp. of India(5.3%)
- Ojasvi Trading Ltd.(4.8%)
- Elcid Investments Ltd.(2.9%)
- VAKIL ABHAY ARVIND(2.4%)
- Gujarat Organics Ltd.(2.3%)
- Sudhanava Investment & Trading Co. Pvt Ltd.(1.9%)
- Rupen Investment & Industries Ltd.(1.9%)
- Satyadharma Investments & Trading Co. Pvt Ltd.(1.9%)
- Castle Investment & Industries Ltd.(1.6%)
- Website: http://www.asianpaints.com
- Address: Asian Paints House, 6A, Shantinagar, Mumbai, 400055, India
- Phone: +91.22.62181000
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.