|Mar 24, 2017|
|Mar 24, 2017|
Currency in INR
|Full time employees:||20,122|
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. engages in manufacturing different range of automotive vehicles, agricultural tractors, implements and industrial engines. The company's products comprises of spectrum of vehicles from two wheelers to heavy trucks, SUVs to school buses. Its services include maintenance and repairs, customization, providing spares, and manufacturing and engineering. The company specializes in consulting on automotive style, engineering, computer-aided engineering, and project management. It also offers concept definition for two wheelers, passenger vehicles, light and heavy trucks. The company manufactures heavy commercial vehicles that are rugged, reliable, environmentally friendly and fuel-efficient. It operates through two segments: Business and Secondary. The Business segment consists of following segments. The Automotive Segment comprises of sales of automobiles, spare parts and related services. The Farm Equipment Segment comprises of sales of tractors, spare parts and related services. The Secondary Segment consist of two segments: Domestic and Overseas. The Domestic segment includes sales to customers located in India and service income accrued in India. The Overseas segment includes sales and services rendered to customers located outside India. The company was founded by Jagdish Chandra Mahindra and Kailash Chandra Mahindra on October 2, 1945 and is headquartered in Mumbai, India.
Mahindra & Mahindra is a core unit of conglomerate Mahindra Group. A major producer of sport utility vehicles, trucks and farm tractors, the company is active in the domestic and international markets.
The conglomerate was founded in 1945 as a steel trading company. It was established by Jagdish Chandra Mahindra, his brother Kailash Chandra Mahindra, partner Ghulam Mohammed and the city now known as Mumbai. J.C. Mahindra was the grandfather of Anand Mahindra, the current chairman.
After India won independence from Britain in 1947, Mohammed entered politics in Pakistan, leaving the management of the company to the Mahindra brothers. The company then began building four-wheel-drive vehicles and, on the strength of the auto business, gradually expanded its empire.
Anand Mahindra studied at Harvard Business School in the U.S. before going to work for a group company. In 1991, he joined the Mahindra & Mahindra management team. He became president in 1997.
The company scored hits with its SUVs in the 2000s, helping to cement its presence in the passenger car business. In 2010, it took over South Korean automaker Ssangyong Motor. It also acquired domestic startups and became the first Indian company to market electric vehicles.
Mahindra Group is also engaged in the agricultural, financial services and Information Technology services sectors. The founding family and group companies own more than 20% of Mahindra & Mahindra.
In the news
March 10, 2017 7:52 pm JST
March 1, 2017 9:30 pm JST
March 1, 2017 8:58 pm JST
February 10, 2017 8:51 pm JST
Maruti Suzuki, Tata both log 20%-plus jumps for January
February 9, 2017 9:37 pm JST
February 8, 2017 9:19 pm JST
February 1, 2017 10:30 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||42,388.4M|
|Dividends per share||12|
|Operating cash flow||9,135.8M|
Currency in INR
|Income before tax||647.43M|
|Dividends per share||0.18|
|Operating cash flow||139.53M|
Currency in USD
- Managing Director & Executive Director: Pawan Kumar Goenka
- Chief Financial & Information Officer: Parthasarathy Vankipuram Srinivasa
- CTO & President-Group Information Technology: Ulhas Narayan Yargop
- Secretary, Compliance Officer & Senior VP: Narayan Shankar
- Chief Executive-Automotive Division: Pravinchandra Chandulal Shah
- Life Insurance Corp. of India(12.7%)
- Prudential Management & Services Pvt Ltd.(11.3%)
- Mahindra & Mahindra Benefit Trust(8.3%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors)(4.9%)
- Mahindra & Mahindra Employees Stock Option Trust(4.5%)
- First State Investment Management (UK) Ltd.(2.3%)
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (Invt Port)(2.3%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(2.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.5%)
- Website: http://www.mahindra.com
- Address: Mahindra Towers, Dr. G. M. Bhosale Marg, Mumbai, 400018, India
- Phone: +91.22.24975074
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.