|Mar 24, 2017|
|Mar 24, 2017|
Currency in CNY
|Full time employees:||37,457|
Chongqing Changan Automobile Co. Ltd. engages in the manufacturing and distribution of automobiles, automobile engines and spare parts. The firm's products include sedans of CS series SUV, Raeton Series, Eado Series, Alsvin series and commercial car of Honor,Oulove, Changan Star series and Oushang MPV. It operates factories in Chongqing, Beijing, Jiangsu, Hebei, Zhejiang, and Jiangxi. The company was founded in 1862 and is headquartered in Chongqing, China.
Chongqing Changan Automobile is a core company of Chongqing-based Changan Automobile Group. It is one of China's five biggest automakers, along with First Automobile Works Group, Dongfeng Motor, SAIC Motor and Chery Automobile. Its origins can be traced back to 1862. The company is under the umbrella of China South Industries Group, a state-owned arms manufacturer.
The company's strength is in small cars. In addition to its own-brand passenger vehicles, minivans, small trucks and SUVs, it also manufactures engines. Chongqing Changan Automobile operates joint ventures with such foreign carmakers as Suzuki Motor and Mazda Motor of Japan, Ford Motor of the U.S. and PSA Peugeot Citroen of France. Most taxis in Chongqing are small cars manufactured by a joint venture with Suzuki Motor.
It currently produces own-brand vehicles in Chongqing, Beijing and Hefei, Auhui Province. This April, the company decided to issue 6 billion yuan ($966 million) in new shares to its group companies and others as part of its push to boost production and sales of own-brand vehicles. It aims to produce and sell 1.17 million such vehicles a year from 2017.
Chairman Xu Liuping said his company will focus on developing new-energy vehicles, with the aim of raising the share of such cars to total production to 30% by 2020. The company sees Russia as an important overseas market, and also has production facilities in Iran and Brazil. It has about 80,000 employees.
In the news
As economy picks up, government struggles with rising prices, real estate bubbles
December 6, 2016 4:00 pm JST
November 19, 2016 1:00 pm JST
June 16, 2016 12:00 pm JST
June 7, 2016 2:00 am JST
April 27, 2016 1:00 pm JST
March 4, 2016 1:00 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||572.02M|
|Dividends per share||0.61|
|Operating cash flow||13,772.43M|
Currency in CNY
|Income before tax||91.01M|
|Dividends per share||0.09|
|Operating cash flow||2,191.27M|
Currency in USD
- President & Director: Hua Rong Zhu
- Vice President: Yuan Mingxue
- Vice President: Li Wei
- Director & Vice President: Kun Wang
- Co-Secretary: Jun Li
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission(48.4%)
- China Securities Finance Corp. Ltd.(3.7%)
- Bosera Asset Management Co., Ltd.(1.5%)
- China Investment Corp. (Investment Company)(1.4%)
- Da Cheng Fund Management Co., Ltd.(0.7%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.6%)
- Great Wall Fund Management Co., Ltd.(0.6%)
- HuaAn Fund Management Co., Ltd.(0.3%)
- UBS SDIC Fund Management Co., Ltd.(0.2%)
- Guotai Junan Allianz Fund Management Co., Ltd.(0.2%)
- Website: http://www.changan.com.cn
- Address: No. 260, Jian Xin East Road, Jiangbei District, Chongqing, 400023, China
- Phone: +86.23.6759.4009
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.