|May 26, 2017|
|May 26, 2017|
Currency in THB
|Full time employees:||--|
Bangkok Dusit Medical Services Public Co. Ltd. engages in the health care businesses. It invests in private hospitals and healthcare-related services, including medical and emergency services. The company was founded on October 30, 1969 and is headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand.
Bangkok Dusit Medical Services is Thailand's largest private hospital operator in terms of market capitalization and patient service revenue. It has over 30 hospitals in Thailand and several in Cambodia through six brands -- Bangkok Hospital, Samitivej Hospital, BNH Hospital, Phyathai Hospital, Paolo Memorial Hospital and the Royal Hospital.
It started from one hospital in 1969, founded by billionaire Prasert Prasarttong-Osoth. Prasert expanded the group through aggressive mergers and acquisitions. The group has recently been growing by offering services to medical tourists. About 70% of its revenue are from international patients, from Japan, Europe and the U.S. The group is expanding into other services. It recently acquired the Save Drug Center chain.
Major shareholders are the founding Prasarttong-Osoth family and the Thongtang family, which owned the Phyathai Hospital that merged with Bangkok Dusit Medical Services in 2011. Also Bangkok Airways, an airline established by Prasert, has a 7% or so stake.
Prasert currently serves as chairman of the executive committee at Bangkok Dusit Medical Services. Chatree Duangnet, CEO of Bangkok Medical Center, the operator of the flagship Bangkok Hospital, manages every-day operations.
In the news
Company in focus
Thai carrier combines tailored services with airport ownership to be competitive
April 23, 2017 10:00 am JST
Better connections, marketing to fend off low-cost competition
April 11, 2017 12:20 am JST
Crowded local market forces operators out of business and exposes guarantors
December 15, 2016 12:45 am JST
November 3, 2016 11:15 pm JST
September 30, 2016 12:20 am JST
September 29, 2016 5:45 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||9,324.20M|
|Dividends per share||0.29|
|Operating cash flow||12,953.25M|
Currency in THB
|Income before tax||264.28M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||367.14M|
Currency in USD
- President, Group CEO & Executive Director: Prasert Prasarttong-Osoth
- Chief Financial Officer: Narumol Noi-Am
- Executive Director & COO-Medical Affairs: Chatree Duangnet
- Chief Administrative Officer: Krittavith Lertutsahakul
- Chief Doctor: Trin Charumilind
- PRASARTTONG OSOTH PRASERT(17.5%)
- Bangkok Airways Public Co. Ltd.(7.8%)
- The Viriyah Insurance Public Co., Ltd.(6.1%)
- PRASARTTONG OSOTH PORAMAPORN(3.3%)
- THONGTANG WICHAI(2.6%)
- SUCHARTO CHIROTCHANA(2.4%)
- THONGTANG ATT(2.2%)
- Social Security Office of Thailand(2.1%)
- THONGTANG ITTI(1.9%)
- Genesis Investment Management LLP(1.8%)
- Website: http://www.bangkokhospital.com
- Address: 2 Soi Soonvijai 7, New Petchburi Road, Bangkok, 10310, Thailand
- Phone: +66.2.310.3000
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.