|Mar 23, 2017|
|Mar 23, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||466,346|
Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd. engages in the provision of commercial banking and financial services. It operates through the following business segments: Corporate Banking, Personal Banking, Treasury Operations, and Others. The Corporate Banking segment offers corporate loans, trade financing, deposit-taking and custody activities, corporate wealth management, and corporate intermediary services. The Personal Banking segment provides personal loans, deposit-taking activities, card business, personal wealth management, and personal intermediary services. The Treasury Operations segment involves money market transactions, investment securities, foreign exchange transactions, and the holding of derivative positions. The Others segment represents the leasing services, as well as the assets, liabilities, income, and expenses that are not directly related or cannot be allocated to a segment. The company was founded on January 1, 1984 and is headquartered in Beijing, China.
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) is China's largest bank. Established in 1984, ICBC is one of China's four biggest state-owned commercial banks, alongside China Construction Bank, Agricultural Bank of China and Bank of China. ICBC was simultaneously listed on both the Hong Kong Exchange and the Shanghai Stock Exchange on Oct. 27, 2006.
As of the end of 2014, ICBC had 5.09 million corporate customers and 465 million retail customers. In addition to its 17,000 domestic branches, it has branches in 41 countries.
ICBC is also focusing on Internet banking. It has strong earning capacity, thanks to its vast customer base and the country's regulated bank deposit rates. ICBC and U.S. bank Wells Fargo are competing head to head for the world's top bank in terms of market capitalization.
Its revenue mainly comes from its domestic branches. Its subsidiaries include a leasing company as well as an asset management company and an insurer that establish joint ventures with foreign companies. ICBC has also expanded into global markets through acquisitions and other means. It aims to become a global titan on par with financial groups like JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup of the U.S.
In the news
March 22, 2017 2:18 pm JST
March 17, 2017 8:39 pm JST
March 16, 2017 8:54 pm JST
March 16, 2017 7:20 pm JST
March 16, 2017 2:40 pm JST
March 14, 2017 2:51 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||445,169.34M|
|Dividends per share||0.27|
|Operating cash flow||1,383.27B|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||57,422.13M|
|Dividends per share||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||178,427.63M|
Currency in USD
- General Manager-Finance & Accounting: Wen Wu Zhang
- Senior Executive Vice President: Hao Hu
- Executive Director & Senior Executive VP: Hong Li Zhang
- Member-Supervisory Board & GM-Legal Affairs: Wei Zhang
- Senior Executive-Vice President: Jiong Tan
- Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(10.0%)
- National Council for Social Security Fund(9.9%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd.(2.0%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.6%)
- JPMorgan Whitefriars (UK)(1.0%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(1.0%)
- BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd.(1.0%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd.(0.9%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(0.8%)
- Website: http://www.icbc.com.cn
- Address: No. 55 Fuxingmennei Avenue, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100140, China
- Phone: +86.10.6610.6114
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.