|Jul 24, 2017|
|Jul 24, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||496,698|
Agricultural Bank of China engages in the provision of international commercial banking and financial services. The company operates its business through the following segments: Corporate Banking, Personal Banking, Treasury Operations and Others & Unallocated. The Corporate Banking segment provides financial products and services to corporations, government agencies and financial institutions. Its products and services include corporate loans and advances, trade finance, deposit products and other types of corporate intermediary services. The Personal Banking segment provides financial products and services to individual customers. Its products and services includes personal loans, deposit products, card business, personal wealth management services and other types of personal intermediary services. The Treasury Operations segment conducts money market or repurchases transactions, debt instrument investments, and holding of derivative positions. The Others & Unallocated segment deals with primarily equity investments. Agricultural Bank of China was founded on July 10, 1951 and is headquartered in Beijing, China.
Agricultural Bank of China (ABC) was established as Agricultural Cooperative Bank in 1951, soon after the Chinese Revolution. The agricultural bank was listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in July 2010.
The bank was established to support agriculture. It has 23,612 branches nationwide as of the end of 2014, the largest of the four major state-run banks. Many of its branches are in rural areas. It has abundant funding. The bank today also handles loans to nonagricultural businesses and individuals. It is one of the four major state-controlled banks.
The bank is trying to expand its overseas branch network as it lags behind its three government-run competitors in terms of international operations.
Liu Shiyu was appointed as chairman of the bank in December 2014 after assuming the deputy governor of the People's Bank of China.
In the news
July 17, 2017 7:15 pm JST
July 17, 2017 7:11 pm JST
July 14, 2017 8:38 pm JST
July 14, 2017 8:23 pm JST
July 12, 2017 2:27 pm JST
July 12, 2017 2:22 pm JST
July 11, 2017 8:12 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||264,791.67M|
|Dividends per share||0.19|
|Operating cash flow||1,003.22B|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||34,111.83M|
|Dividends per share||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||129,240.52M|
Currency in USD
- President & Executive Director: Huan Zhao
- Executive Vice President: Chao Gong
- Executive Vice President: Wei Wang
- Executive Vice President: Kang Yi
- Secretary & Team Leader-Investor Relations: Ke Qiu Zhang
- Qatar Investment Authority (Investment Management)(7.8%)
- Standard Chartered Plc(3.9%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(2.8%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(2.0%)
- JPMorgan Whitefriars (UK)(1.7%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd.(1.2%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(0.9%)
- APG Asset Management NV(0.8%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd.(0.6%)
- BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd.(0.6%)
- Website: http://www.abchina.com
- Address: 69, Jianguomen Nei Avenue, Dongcheng District, Beijing, 100005, China
- Phone: +86.10.8510.9619
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.