|Apr 21, 2017|
|Apr 21, 2017|
Currency in INR
|Full time employees:||25,161|
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. manufactures, purchases and sells of motor vehicles, automobile components and spare parts. The other activities of the company comprise facilitation of pre-owned car sales, fleet management and car financing. The company is a subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corp. It offers various brands including Maruti 800, Omni and Eeco brands; international brands, such as Alto, Alto-K10, A-star, WagonR, Swift, Ritz, Ertiga, and Estilo; off-roader vehicles under Gypsy; SUVs under Grand Vitara brands; and sedans under SX4, Swift DZire, and Kizashi brands. Maruti Suzuki India was founded on February 24, 1981 and is headquartered in New Delhi, India.
Maruti Suzuki India, the country's No. 1 automaker, controls more than 40% of the domestic passenger car market.
The company started out as a state-run entity called Maruti Udyog in 1981. The following year, with the government actively promoting foreign investment in India, Japan's Suzuki Motor came on board as a joint venture partner.
The Japanese automaker gradually increased its stake in Maruti Udyog and turned it into a subsidiary in 2002. In 2007, the Indian government unloaded all of its remaining shares and the company was renamed Maruti Suzuki.
Although Maruti Suzuki is widely thought of as an Indian company, Suzuki owns a majority stake.
The company runs two factories in the northern state of Haryana. It has capacity for more than 1500,000 vehicles. Suzuki, meanwhile, is setting up an auto plant in the western state of Gujarat, scheduled to come onstream in 2017. This facility will be operated by a new, wholly owned Suzuki unit, rather than Maruti, but its output will be marketed by the Indian carmaker.
Although it focused on compact hatchbacks for years -- its Maruti 800 became an icon -- Maruti Suzuki now has sedans and sport utility vehicles in its lineup as well.
In the news
Joint venture with Toshiba, Denso to furnish batteries for hybrids
April 15, 2017 1:00 am JST
Moves by Japanese parent Suzuki Motor to strengthen its control risk friction
April 13, 2017 10:00 am JST
April 11, 2017 8:35 pm JST
Company in Focus
Suzuki Motor is trying to strengthen the unit, but it may encounter pushback
April 10, 2017 5:30 pm JST
April 7, 2017 8:35 pm JST
April 5, 2017 9:18 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||66,296M|
|Dividends per share||35|
|Operating cash flow||85,577M|
Currency in INR
|Income before tax||1,012.60M|
|Dividends per share||0.53|
|Operating cash flow||1,307.10M|
Currency in USD
- CEO, Executive Director & Joint Managing Director: Kenichi Ayukawa
- Chief Financial Officer: Ajay Seth
- Executive Officer-Information Technology: R. Uppal
- Secretary & Chief Compliance Officer: Ravi S. Aiyar
- Executive Director-Services: Pankaj Narula
- Suzuki Motor Corp.(56.2%)
- Life Insurance Corp. of India(5.6%)
- HDFC Asset Management Co. Ltd.(1.2%)
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (Investment Management)(1.2%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.0%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(0.9%)
- ICICI Prudential Asset Management Co. Ltd.(0.9%)
- JF Asset Management Ltd.(0.8%)
- Birla Sun Life Asset Management Co. Ltd.(0.7%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co.(0.7%)
- Website: http://www.marutisuzuki.com
- Address: Plot No. 1, Nelson Mandela Road, New Delhi, 110070, India
- Phone: +91.11.46781000
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.