|Mar 28, 2017|
|Mar 28, 2017|
Currency in INR
Oil & Gas Production
|Full time employees:||33,927|
Oil & Natural Gas Corp. Ltd. engages in the business of exploration and production of oil, natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas. The company also focuses on related business areas like processing of crude oil & natural gas; oil field services, transportation of the oil & natural gas, production of value added products such as LPG, naphtha, superior kerosene oil, ATF, C2-C3, refining, petrochemicals, power, unconventional and alternate sources of energy. It operates through two segments: Exploration & Production; and Refining. Oil & Natural Gas was founded on August 14, 1956 and is headquartered in New Delhi, India.
India's largest publicly controlled company, Oil and Natural Gas Corp. is more than two-thirds owned by the Indian government. Wholly owned subsidiary ONGC Videsh is the country's largest international oil and gas exploration and production company and has projects in 16 countries.
The foundations of the company were laid in 1955 under India's first prime minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, with the government treating oil and gas as a strategic sector for the country's industrial development and national defense. ONGC is a leader in India's oil and gas industry, producing 70% of the country's total crude oil and around half of its natural gas. It has established more than 7 billion tons of confirmed hydrocarbon reserves in the country, with six out of seven producing basins in India having been discovered by the company.
Dinesh K. Sarraf is chairman and managing director of ONGC, which is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. Sarraf has more than 30 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, having started his career with Oil India. He joined ONGC in 1991 and has filled various key posts, including finance director and managing director of ONGC Videsh before being elevated by the government to his current position in March 2014. He is credited with reviving ONGC Videsh, which suffered huge losses after the purchase of Russia-focused Imperial Energy in 2009.
In the news
March 20, 2017 9:14 pm JST
Will India's first oil major finally emerge, and what will it look like?
March 12, 2017 1:00 pm JST
March 8, 2017 9:07 pm JST
March 7, 2017 9:10 pm JST
February 27, 2017 8:36 pm JST
Company with potential $100bn market cap would be on par with Shell, BP
February 9, 2017 12:00 pm JST
February 7, 2017 8:19 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||227,179.13M|
|Dividends per share||5.66|
|Operating cash flow||542,331.62M|
Currency in INR
|Income before tax||3,469.92M|
|Dividends per share||0.08|
|Operating cash flow||8,283.56M|
Currency in USD
- Chairman & Managing Director: Dinesh Kumar Sarraf
- Finance Director & Executive Director: A. K. Srinivasan
- Director & Technology Director: Shashi Shanker
- Secretary & Compliance Officer: V. N. Murthy
- Director & Director-Human Resources: Desh Deepak Misra
- Government of India(68.9%)
- Life Insurance Corp. of India(9.1%)
- Indian Oil Corp. Ltd.(7.6%)
- GAIL (India) Ltd.(2.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(0.7%)
- Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management Ltd.(0.7%)
- Templeton Asset Management Ltd. (Hong Kong)(0.6%)
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (Invt Port)(0.5%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(0.2%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.1%)
- Website: http://www.ongcindia.com
- Address: Tower II, Jeevan Bharati Building, 124, Indira Chowk, New Delhi, 110001, India
- Phone: +91.11.23317213
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.