|Jul 24, 2017|
|Jul 24, 2017|
Currency in KRW
Aerospace & Defense
|Full time employees:||--|
Korea Aerospace Industries Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of aircrafts. Its products include fixed wing, rotary wing, air frame, upgrade, modification, training system development, space program, and UAV. The company was founded on October 1, 1999 and is headquartered in Sacheon-si, South Korea.
Korea Aerospace Industries is South Korea's sole aircraft maker. It was founded in 1999 under the leadership of the South Korean government, with three conglomerates -- Samsung, Hyundai and Daewoo -- contributing their aerospace expertise. Its leading shareholder is Korea Development Bank, an institution wholly owned by the government.
Korea Aerospace's mainline product is the T-20 supersonic training aircraft, developed jointly with Lockheed Martin, a U.S. defense contractor. Mass production of the jet, which also doubles as a light attack aircraft, began in 2006. In addition to being supplied to the South Korean air force, the T-20 has also been shipped to Indonesia and Iraq.
Korea Aerospace also has a working relationship with Europe's Airbus Group. With the help of Airbus, the company in 2012 began selling the first South Korean-built helicopters.
In 2015, the company was awarded a contract to build the KF-X fighter, to be developed jointly with Indonesia, which is an investor in the 18 trillion won ($15.7 billion) project. Plans call for building 120 of the planes between 2025 and 2032. Korea Aerospace will have to pay a penalty if it falls behind schedule.
Opposition from Washington meant the company was unable to obtain the radar technology it wanted from Lockheed Martin, so it is developing the technology in-house. Some observers say that could impact the development schedule.
In the news
July 21, 2017 8:44 pm JST
July 21, 2017 8:38 pm JST
Ha of KAI suspected of manipulating costs of helicopter, aircraft development
July 20, 2017 6:58 pm JST
July 19, 2017 8:58 pm JST
July 19, 2017 8:33 pm JST
July 18, 2017 8:32 pm JST
July 18, 2017 8:30 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||321,197.99M|
|Dividends per share||680|
|Operating cash flow||145,284.89M|
Currency in KRW
|Income before tax||276.84M|
|Dividends per share||0.58|
|Operating cash flow||125.22M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer & Director: Sung-Yong Ha
- Managing Director, Head-Finance & Economy: Geol-Taek Shim
- Vice President & Head-Overseas Business Division: In-Sik Kim
- Executive Director: Dong-Shin Lee
- Managing Director: Sang-Youl Choi
- Government of South Korea(26.7%)
- National Pension Service of Korea(8.0%)
- Hanwha Techwin Co., Ltd.(5.9%)
- Hyundai Motor Co., Ltd.(4.8%)
- Vontobel Asset Management, Inc.(4.0%)
- Korea Aerospace Industries Ltd. ESOA(1.8%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.5%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.4%)
- BlackRock Asset Management North Asia Ltd.(1.0%)
- APG Asset Management NV(0.9%)
- Website: http://www.koreaaero.com
- Address: 78 Gongdan 1-ro, Sanam-myeon, Sacheon-si, 52529, South Korea
- Phone: +82.55.851.1000
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.