|May 26, 2017|
|May 26, 2017|
Currency in VND
|Full time employees:||6,981|
Vietnam Dairy Products Corp. engages in the production and distribution of dairy products. Its products include fresh milk, yoghurt, drinking yoghurt, fermented yoghurt, ice-cream, cheese, and milk powder for elders, mothers, and kids, soy bean milk, fruit juice, smoothie, atiso tea, and aloe vera through Vinamilk, Dielac, Ridielac, and V-Fresh brand names. It distributes its products in Australia, Cambodia, Philippines, and the United States. The company was founded in 1976 and is headquartered in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Vietnam Dairy Products (Vinamilk) is Vietnam's largest food processor and deals in a wide variety of dairy products, including milk and yogurt. It is said to account for about 50% of Vietnam's dairy market.
The company was founded in 1976 and went public on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange in 2006. It is 45% owned by the government. Its high potential is recognized outside the country as well and foreign investors own 49% of the company. Its market capitalization is the second largest in Vietnam at around $5.5 billion.
According to a study by a private research agency, dairy consumption has surged more than 20-fold in Vietnam over the last 20 years, with Vinamilk contributing much to this trend.
CEO Mai Kieu Lien, who was born in France in 1953, studied milk processing in the former Soviet Union and then returned to Vietnam. She has been listed by Forbes as one of Asia's 50 Power Businesswomen.
Vinamilk went into dairy farming in 2006 in Vietnam, where there were very few dairy farmers. The company now runs five dairy farms. In view of the aging of society, it has marketed to seniors dairy products rich in calcium and vitamins.
In the news
The options will give investors exposure to 20 blue chips
May 3, 2017 10:35 pm JST
Vinamilk expects better transparency to attract investors and aid expansion
April 27, 2017 10:00 am JST
Largest Vietnamese dairy company still sees domestic market as main growth engine
April 19, 2017 12:24 am JST
Collapse of TPP is prompting strategic changes across a wide range of industries
April 8, 2017 11:00 am JST
Earmarks $750m for investment up to 2021
April 8, 2017 1:12 am JST
Vietnamese dairy giant expanding abroad, chasing $3 billion turnover this year
March 28, 2017 4:00 am JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||11,237.62B|
|Dividends per share||5,333.33|
|Operating cash flow||8,980.49B|
Currency in VND
|Income before tax||502.46M|
|Dividends per share||0.23|
|Operating cash flow||401.53M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer & Director: Lien Kieu Mai
- Chief Operating Officer & Chief Sales Officer: Anh Hoai Mai
- Chief Financial Officer & Chief Accountant: Liem Thanh Le
- Chief Research & Development Officer: Khanh Quoc Nguyen
- Chief HR & Administration Officer: Huong Thi Bui
- State Capital Investment Corp. (Investment Company)(44.7%)
- Fraser & Neave Ltd.(15.6%)
- Matthews International Capital Management LLC(3.9%)
- Genesis Investment Management LLP(1.9%)
- Arisaig Partners (Asia) Pte Ltd.(1.6%)
- VinaCapital Investment Management Ltd. (Invt Mgmt)(1.5%)
- LGM Investments Ltd.(1.0%)
- Dragon Capital Management Co. Ltd.(0.7%)
- Amersham Industries Ltd.(0.7%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.4%)
- Website: http://www.vinamilk.com.vn
- Address: 10 Tan Trao Street, Tan Phu Ward, Ho Chi Minh City, 700000, Vietnam
- Phone: +220.127.116.11.555
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.