|Mar 24, 2017|
|Mar 24, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||77,374|
Air China Ltd. is engaged in the provision of airline and airline-related services, including aircraft engineering, air catering, and airport ground handling. It operates through the Airline Operations and Other Operations segment. The Airline Operations segment provides air passenger and cargo services. The Other Operations segment offers aircraft engineering, ground services, and other airline-related services. The company was founded on September 30, 2004 and is headquartered in Beijing, China.
Air China, a state-owned enterprise, is one of the country's top three carriers, alongside China Eastern Airlines and China Southern Airlines. Air China is a national flag carrier used by the country's top dignitaries, including the president and premier, when they fly domestically and internationally.
The airline's predecessor was a civil aviation arm of China's air force. It was brought under direct government control in 1980. The carrier was then split up, with what is now Air China taking over the Beijing base of operations and international routes. In another round of reorganization in 2002, the spinoffs were consolidated into Air China, China Eastern and China Southern.
Air China is headquartered at Beijing Capital International Airport. It is a member of Star Alliance and has a capital tie-up with Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific Airways. It boasts the largest international network of the major Chinese airlines.
Its leading shareholder is the state-owned China National Aviation Holding. Critics say privatization and service enhancements are needed to boost Air China's competitiveness.
In the news
Hong Kong carrier sees signs of recovery in passenger bookings, cargo demand
March 15, 2017 11:20 pm JST
March 15, 2017 8:24 pm JST
March 15, 2017 3:13 pm JST
Visitor numbers are rising, but industry must work to leverage Chinese tourism interest
March 14, 2017 3:15 pm JST
February 16, 2017 2:16 pm JST
Cathay Pacific, the iconic Hong Kong airline, is looking to restructure as it hurtles toward only its third loss in 70 years.
January 26, 2017 12:00 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||9,156.18M|
|Dividends per share||0.12|
|Operating cash flow||40,351.14M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||1,181.05M|
|Dividends per share||0.01|
|Operating cash flow||5,204.87M|
Currency in USD
- President & Vice Chairman: Zhi Yong Song
- Vice President: Li Hua Yang
- Vice President: Ming Yuan Wang
- Vice President: Wei Xi Chai
- Vice President: Chong Xian Ma
- Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd.(57.7%)
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission(4.9%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.3%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(0.8%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd.(0.7%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd.(0.7%)
- BlackRock Asset Management North Asia Ltd.(0.5%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.3%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(0.2%)
- BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd.(0.2%)
- Website: http://www.airchina.com
- Address: 30 Tianzhu Road, Tianzhu Airport Economic Dev Zone, Beijing, 101312, China
- Phone: +86.10.61462777
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.