|Apr 21, 2017|
|Apr 21, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||--|
China Mengniu Dairy Co., Ltd. is an investment holding company, which engages in the manufacture and distribution of dairy products. It operates through the following segments: Liquid Milk Products, Ice Cream Products, Milk Powder, and Others. The Liquid Milk Products segment manufactures and distributes ultra-high temperature milk, milk beverages, and yogurt. The Ice Cream Products segment manufacturing and distributing ice cream. The Milk Powder segments makes and disperse milk powder. The Others segment engages in cheese, plant based nutrition product and trading business. The company was founded in July 1999 and is headquartered in Hong Kong.
China Mengniu Dairy is a Chinese manufacturer and distributor of dairy products, including raw milk, yogurt, milk beverages, ice cream and milk powder. The state-owned company held the largest share of the domestic milk market until 2014. Mengniu Dairy became the first dairy products maker to be included on the Hang Seng Index in 2014.
In August 1999, Mengniu Dairy was established as a private company in Hohhot, the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. In 2009, however, China National Cereals, Oils and Foodstuffs (COFCO), China's largest state-owned agricultural conglomerate, acquired a stake in the company, becoming its biggest shareholder. It listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchanges and Clearing (HKEX) in June 2004. It has more than 50 plants in over 20 provinces in China, with an annual production capacity of more than 8.1 million tons.
The company has formed strategic alliances with makers of dairy products in Denmark, France, the U.S. and New Zealand. In 2008, it was revealed that milk powder manufactured by Chinese dairy company Sanlu Group was contaminated with the toxic chemical melamine. Mengniu Dairy's milk powder was also found to be tainted with the substance, shaking the Chinese public's sense of safety regarding domestic milk powder.
It plans to expand its business overseas. In April, the company announced its strategic alliance with Shanghai Disney Resort, scheduled to open in the spring of 2016. It aims to increase its name recognition among overseas visitors by selling its own-brand milk and ice cream, along with other products, at the theme park.
In the news
March 30, 2017 7:42 pm JST
March 30, 2017 2:31 pm JST
March 29, 2017 7:50 pm JST
February 20, 2017 8:21 pm JST
February 7, 2017 2:20 pm JST
Hang Seng Index dips 0.2% in first session after Chinese New Year
February 1, 2017 7:17 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||-539.09M|
|Dividends per share||0.10|
|Operating cash flow||5,272.95M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||-69.44M|
|Dividends per share||0.01|
|Operating cash flow||679.28M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director: Min Fang Lu
- Chief Financial Officer: Ping Zhang
- Chief Administrative Officer: Jian Jun Lu
- Secretary & Financial Controller: Wai Cheong Kwok
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission(31.4%)
- First State Investment Management (UK) Ltd.(4.4%)
- Colonial First State Asset Management (Australia) Ltd.(3.1%)
- First State Investments (Hong Kong) Ltd.(2.7%)
- First State Investments (Singapore)(2.5%)
- Genesis Investment Management LLP(2.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.4%)
- T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc.(1.4%)
- T. Rowe Price International Ltd.(1.3%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.2%)
- Website: http://www.mengniuir.com
- Address: Suites 801-2, 8th Floor, Top Glory Tower, 262 Gloucester Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.2180.9050
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.