|May 24, 2017|
|May 24, 2017|
Currency in SGD
|Full time employees:||--|
Thai Beverage Public Co., Ltd. is a holding company engages in beverages business. It operates through the following segments: Spirits, Beer, Non-alcoholic beverage, and Food. The Spirits segment refers to the production and sale of spirits products. The Beer segment is the sale and production of branded beer products. The Non-alcoholic beverages segment refers to the production and sale of branded water, soda, ready-to-drink coffee, energy drink, green tea, and fruit flavoured drinks. The Food segment is the operation of Japanese restaurants and distribution of foods and beverages. The company was founded on October 29, 2003 and is headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand.
Thai Beverage, Thailand's largest thirst-quencher, offers both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. One of its best-known brands is Chang beer, which controls the second largest slice of Thailand's beer market, after Singha beer. Thai Beverage is listed on the Singapore stock exchange; the Thai bourse restricts the listing of alcohol-related stocks.
The company was founded in 2003 through the consolidation of 58 beer and spirits businesses, such as the Chang beer, owned by billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, a Chinese immigrant. Charoen has expanded into non-alcohol business in recent years through acquisitions of beverage makers. Brands owned include green-tea beverage Oishi and est cola, a Pepsi knockoff. In 2012, it acquired a roughly 29% stake in Singaporean beverage maker Fraser and Neave, in line with its long-term strategy to strengthen its non-alcoholic business and operations outside Thailand.
The Sirivadhanabhakdi family's stake in Thai Beverage is around 30%. Charoen is chairman and his son Thapana serves as president and CEO.
While Thai Beverage is its core business, the family also has investments in real estate, hotels, financial and consumer products. It has a majority stake in Thai-listed trading house Berli Jucker, which recently acquired Metro's Vietnam operations. Metro is a German-based chain of warehouse-style retailers and wholesalers.
In the news
May 9, 2017 8:37 pm JST
Brewer could compete against the likes of Heineken and Anheuser-Busch InBev
April 3, 2017 7:57 pm JST
Dutch brewer goes for broke in last promising market
March 16, 2017 10:00 am JST
Purveyors of distinctive suds forced to find circuitous routes into market
February 27, 2017 7:00 pm JST
February 17, 2017 7:48 pm JST
February 16, 2017 7:17 pm JST
February 15, 2017 7:58 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||1,003.61M|
|Dividends per share||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||777.43M|
Currency in SGD
|Income before tax||727.24M|
|Dividends per share||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||563.34M|
Currency in USD
- President, Chief Executive Officer & Director: Thapana Sirivadhanabhakdi
- Chief Financial Officer, Director & Executive VP: Sithichai Chaikriangkrai
- Director & EVP-Technology & Engineering: Pisanu Vichiensanth
- Senior Vice President: Kamolnai Chaixanien
- Senior Vice President: Nongnuch Buranasetkul
- Siriwana Co., Ltd.(45.2%)
- MM Group Ltd.(17.2%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (Global Investors)(3.7%)
- Genesis Investment Management LLP(1.4%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors)(0.9%)
- Vontobel Asset Management, Inc.(0.8%)
- Matthews International Capital Management LLC(0.5%)
- SIRIVADHANABHAKDI PANOTE(0.4%)
- SIRIVADHANABHAKDI THAPANA(0.4%)
- TECHAJAREONVIKUL THAPANEE(0.4%)
- Website: http://www.thaibev.com
- Address: Sangsom Building, 14 Vibhavadee Rangsit Road, Bangkok, 10900, Thailand
- Phone: +66.2.785.5555
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.