|Mar 24, 2017|
|Mar 24, 2017|
Currency in CNY
|Full time employees:||24,951|
Suning Commerce Group Co., Ltd. engages in the chain sales and service of household appliances, office equipment, electronics, and communications products. Its products include color television, audio and video, compact disc, digital and information technology products, refrigerators, washing machines, communications products, air conditioner, kitchen and living room small household electrical appliances. It provides installation and maintenance services of microcomputers and electronic appliances; development, sales, and system integration of computer software; space rental; counter rental; exhibition services; corporate image planning; and economic information consultation. The company was founded on May 15, 1996 and is headquartered in Nanjing, China.
Suning Commerce Group is a Chinese electronics retailer based in Nanjing. Chairman Zhang Jindong heads the group, which is listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange. Suning started out as a distributor of air conditioners in 1990. It has expanded its sales network alongside the rise of China's economy, benefiting from national reforms and open-door policies. It has grown into a general electronics retailer that also deals with TVs and household appliances.
In 2009, Suning announced that it had reached agreement to become the biggest largest shareholder in Japanese electronics retailer Laox. Through the investment it aimed to learn from Laox about Japanese-style sales techniques and customer service. It also boosted its product lineups.
The company expanded overseas with the launch of a research and development center in the U.S. It also moved into online sales business in 2009. The company changed its name to Suning Commerce Group in 2013. It was previously called Suning Appliance.
Suning has about 1,600 outlets across China; 300 of them are large flagship stores. It has about 13,000 employees.
In the news
February 20, 2017 8:21 pm JST
Meanwhile, Alibaba Group hooks up with Shanghai-based retail conglomerate
February 20, 2017 7:16 pm JST
Tax-free retailer at crossroads amid changing spending trends
February 15, 2017 4:54 am JST
December 27, 2016 8:52 pm JST
November 9, 2016 1:00 pm JST
October 27, 2016 1:30 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||930.34M|
|Dividends per share||0.06|
|Operating cash flow||2,026.98M|
Currency in CNY
|Income before tax||148.02M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||322.50M|
Currency in USD
- President & Director: Ming Jin
- Chief Financial & Accounting Officer: Zhong Xiang Xiao
- Director & Vice President: Xiang Sheng Meng
- Secretary, Director, VP & IR Contact: Jun Ren
- Member-Supervisory Board: Zhi Song Hua
- Suning Appliance Group Co., Ltd.(27.5%)
- CHEN JIN FENG(3.6%)
- China Investment Corp. (Investment Company)(1.4%)
- Suning Commerce Group Co. Ltd. Phase 1 Esop(1.2%)
- Hony Capital (Beijing) Co. Ltd.(0.9%)
- JIANG YONG(0.9%)
- Minsheng Securities Co., Ltd. (Investment Management)(0.8%)
- JIN MING(0.6%)
- Zishi Capital Investment & Management Co. Ltd.(0.6%)
- CITIC Trust Co., Ltd. (Investment Portfolio)(0.5%)
- Website: http://www.cnsuning.com
- Address: No. 1 Suning Building, Xuanwu District, Nanjing, 210042, China
- Phone: +86.25.8441.8888
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.