|Jul 21, 2017|
|Jul 21, 2017|
Currency in IDR
|Full time employees:||12,477|
PT Global Mediacom Tbk engages in investment activities in integrated media, broadcasting, entertainment, and telecommunications industries. The company operates through the following segments: Content & Advertising-Based Media, Subscribers-Based Media, Media Support & Infrastructure, Media Shopping and Value-Added Services. Its activities include content production, content distribution, television and radio broadcasting, newspaper, magazine, tabloids, telecommunication operator, mobile content aggregator, and information technology systems integrator. The company was founded by Mohammad Tachril Sapi'ie and Bambang Trihatmodjo on June 30, 1981 and is headquartered in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Global Mediacom is Indonesia's largest media company. Its core free-to-air television network business, operated by publicly listed subsidiary Media Nusantara Citra, owns three national TV channels and claims a prime-time audience share of 40%. It also owns pay TV channels, newspapers, news websites and radio stations.
Global Mediacom, formerly known as Bimantara Citra, was founded in the early 1980s. It launched RCTI, Indonesia's first private TV station which was previously managed by a son of former President Suharto.
Hary Tanoesoedibjo, through his investment company, bought Bimantara after the fall of then-President Suharto in 1998 and became the company's president in 2002. The young Chinese-Indonesian not only built a media empire but has pushed efforts to diversify as well. In 2013, it formed an alliance with Chinese Internet giant Tencent.
Tanoesoedibjo also faced several blows during Indonesia's presidential election campaign in 2014. After resigning from the Hanura party, he backed presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto, who lost the election. Nevertheless, the media mogul is considered one of the driving forces behind the closest presidential election in Indonesia's history.
In the news
Global Mediacom's TV arm is shaken by shake-up in the TV industry
March 2, 2017 10:00 am JST
Company in focus
Rival networks challenge cash cow of Trump's business partner
February 25, 2017 3:30 pm JST
Separation of politics from business easier said than done
February 22, 2017 12:00 pm JST
November 9, 2016 9:45 pm JST
June 16, 2016 12:00 pm JST
May 19, 2016 12:00 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||1,412.17B|
|Dividends per share||5|
|Operating cash flow||4,334.57B|
Currency in IDR
|Income before tax||106.17M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||325.89M|
Currency in USD
- President Director & Chief Executive Officer: Hary Iswanto Tanoesoedibjo
- Director-Finance & Accounting: Oerianto Guyandi
- Independent Director: Indra Pudjiastuti Prastomiyono
- Director-Business Development: David Fernando Audy
- Director: Syafril Nasution
- PT MNC Investama Tbk(52.8%)
- Coronation Asset Management (Pty) Ltd.(2.4%)
- PT Global Mediacom Tbk(2.4%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(1.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.6%)
- FIL Investment Advisors (UK) Ltd.(0.3%)
- Union Investment Privatfonds GmbH(0.3%)
- First Trust Advisors LP(0.2%)
- NFU Mutual Investment Services Ltd.(0.2%)
- TANOESOEDIBJO HARY ISWANTO(0.2%)
- Website: http://www.mediacom.co.id
- Address: MNC Tower, Jalan Kebon Sirih No. 17-19, Jakarta, 10340, Indonesia
- Phone: +62.21.3900310
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.