|Apr 21, 2017|
|Apr 21, 2017|
Currency in IDR
Engineering & Construction
|Full time employees:||2,187|
PT Wijaya Karya Tbk is a holding company, which engages in the provision of construction, engineering, mining, and other related services. It operates through the following segments: Infrastructure and Building; Energy and Industrial Plant; Industry; and Realty and Property. The Infrastructure and Building segment consists of civil construction services such as general construction and infrastructure, roads, bridges, harbours, airports, dams, irrigations, and buildings. The Energy and Industrial Plant segment include energy and engineering, procurement and construction, field operations, and maintenance services of power plants. The Industry segment focuses on concrete precast such as piles, girder, rail pad, steel construction, automotive spare parts, energy conversion product, and mining industry. The Realty and Property segment comprises landed housing and high risk buildings such as apartment and condotel management. The company was founded on March 11, 1960 and is headquartered in Jakarta, Indonesia.
State-owned Wijaya Karya is Indonesia's largest construction company. Its business includes construction of buildings, bridges and toll roads. The company also operates units involved in power plant engineering, real estate and mining.
In late October, former chairman Basuki Hadimuljono was appointed as a member of Indonesian President Joko Widodo's cabinet. Hadimuljono, who became chairman in 2012, now serves as the government's public works and public housing minister. Bintang Perbowo has been Wijaya Karya's president since 2008 and previously served as the company's finance director.
Wijaya Karya was established in 1960 as an electrical and water pipe installation company. It went public in 2007. Indonesia's government owns about 65% of its shares.
In April 2014, Wijaya Karya listed shares of its precast concrete subsidiary, Wijaya Karya Beton, which became one of the country's largest IPOs of the year. Part of the proceeds was used to acquire a local concrete producer.
In the news
Chinese money flowing into the country grew fivefold from a year ago
January 25, 2017 11:55 pm JST
Jakarta-Bandung railroad project boosts business, but faces delays
December 21, 2016 2:48 pm JST
September 20, 2016 11:30 pm JST
September 1, 2016 12:00 pm JST
August 24, 2016 7:40 pm JST
June 16, 2016 12:00 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||1,230.49B|
|Dividends per share||33.86|
|Operating cash flow||-1,119.60B|
Currency in IDR
|Income before tax||92.51M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||-84.17M|
Currency in USD
- President Director: Bintang Perbowo
- Director-Operation II: Bambang Pramujo
- Director-Operation III: Destiawan Soewardjono
- Director-Operations I: Gandira Gutawa Sumapraja
- Director-Finance: Adji Firmantoro
- Government of Indonesia(65.0%)
- Baring Asset Management (Asia) Ltd.(1.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(0.8%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(0.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(0.3%)
- DNB Investment Advisory Services (India) Private Ltd.(0.2%)
- Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC(0.1%)
- PT Manulife Asset Management Indonesia(0.1%)
- PT Batavia Prosperindo Aset Manajemen(0.1%)
- Calamos Advisors LLC(0.1%)
- Website: http://www.wika.co.id
- Address: Jalan D. I. Panjaitan Kavling 9, Jakarta, 13340, Indonesia
- Phone: +62.21.819.2808
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.