|Apr 28, 2017|
|Apr 28, 2017|
Currency in MYR
|Full time employees:||30,000|
IHH Healthcare Bhd. is an investment holding company, engages in the provision of healthcare services. It operates through the following segments: Parkway Pantai, Acibadem, IMU Health, and Parkway Life REIT. The Parkway Pantai segment is a hospital operator and healthcare service provider in Asia. The Acibadem segment operates as a hospital and healthcare service provider in Central Eastern Europe, Middle East, and North Africa. The IMU segment is an education service provider in Malaysia. The Parkway Life REIT offers real estate investment trust. The company was founded on May 21, 2010 and is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
IHH Healthcare runs 37 private hospitals in 10 countries, including China and India. Its facilities have a total of more than 6,000 beds.
Headquartered in Malaysia, the company also sees Singapore and Turkey as its home markets. Its hospitals in these three countries attract affluent patients from across Southeast Asia and the Middle East. The group's Mount Elizabeth and Gleneagles hospitals in Singapore are considered particularly prestigious, thanks to their state-of-the-art medical equipment.
IHH is 44% owned by Khazanah Nasional, an investment arm of the Malaysian government. Khazanah in 2010 defeated a rival bid from India's Fortis Healthcare to take control of Parkway Holdings, a then-listed Singaporean company, which owned hospitals in Malaysia and Singapore. Today, Parkway is a wholly owned IHH subsidiary.
IHH is listed in both Malaysia and Singapore. The group is led by CEO Tan See Leng, who is also a doctor. Tan joined Parkway in 2004 and held various high-ranking positions before the company slid under IHH's umbrella.
Globally, IHH is the second-largest health care operator by market capitalization. Japanese trading house Mitsui & Co. is a major shareholder.
In the news
March 14, 2017 7:47 pm JST
Japanese trading house counts on information, communications technology
March 14, 2017 1:45 am JST
Asia's largest hospital operator may soon sell entire interest, says analyst
March 6, 2017 9:14 pm JST
March 6, 2017 8:52 pm JST
February 28, 2017 7:25 pm JST
February 24, 2017 8:41 pm JST
February 24, 2017 7:46 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||860.94M|
|Dividends per share||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||1,730.45M|
Currency in MYR
|Income before tax||207.82M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||417.70M|
Currency in USD
- CEO & Non-Independent Executive Director: See Leng Tan
- Chief Financial Officer: Soon Teck Low
- Group Head-Internal Audit: Audrey Huang
- Assistant Vice President-Investor Relations: Penelope Koh
- Group Head-Human Capital Management: Juan Jim Tan
- Khazanah Nasional Bhd. (Investment Company)(41.1%)
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd.(18.0%)
- Employees Provident Fund(9.9%)
- Singapore Exchange Ltd.(5.2%)
- AYDINLAR MEHMET ALI(2.1%)
- Public Mutual Bhd.(1.8%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(1.8%)
- Kuwait Investment Authority (Investment Management)(1.4%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.1%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.1%)
- Website: http://www.ihh-healthcare.com
- Address: Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur, Level 11 Block A, Taman Bukit Pantai, Kuala Lumpur, 59100, Malaysia
- Phone: +60.3.2298.9898
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.