|Mar 24, 2017|
|Mar 24, 2017|
Currency in CNY
Information Technology Services
|Full time employees:||4,885|
Leshi Internet Information & Technology Corp. Beijing provides online video broadcasting services. It offers video programming services through the Internet, televisions, mobile phones, and other mobile end users. The company was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Beijing, China.
Leshi Internet Information & Technology, also known as LeTV, provides online video services. With 350 million visitors per month and more than 250 million views per day, LeTV is one of China's most popular video sites, alongside Youku and Tudou.
Founded in 2004, LeTV streams about 100,000 TV episodes and 5,000 movies. The site offers some sports, art, music and animated content for free; for a monthly fee of 40 yuan (about $6.25), users gain access to the latest movies and original dramas.
Video streaming services have developed independently in China, in part because access to YouTube is restricted there. LeTV's revenue mainly comes from membership fees and advertising, though sales of smart TVs, released in July 2013, have been growing rapidly. The company last year exceeded its sales goal of 1.5 million units.
In May 2015, LeTV released three smartphones under its own brand. The base model, the Le 1, is priced at 1,499 yuan, but subscribers with annual memberships to the video site get a 300 yuan discount. The company has teamed up with well-known Chinese movie directors to produce programs exclusively for its smartphone customers.
While video streaming is gaining popularity in China, rights fees for popular TV programs and films are rising. LeTV is diversifying its business to shore up earnings and attract more members.
In the news
March 17, 2017 7:23 pm JST
March 6, 2017 2:53 pm JST
Chinese tech group acknowledges it's growing too fast
March 2, 2017 10:00 am JST
February 28, 2017 9:49 pm JST
February 28, 2017 2:18 pm JST
Xiaomi deliberately swept inconvenient information under the carpet
February 16, 2017 5:00 pm JST
February 15, 2017 7:34 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||74.12M|
|Dividends per share||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||875.70M|
Currency in CNY
|Income before tax||11.79M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||139.32M|
Currency in USD
- Chairman & General Manager: Yue Ting Jia
- Chief Financial & Accounting Officer: Li Jie Yang
- Director & Deputy General Manager: Liu Hong
- Secretary, Security & Investor Relations Contact: Kai Zhao
- Tianjin Jiarui Huixin Enterprise Management Co., Ltd.(13.5%)
- SZ Xingen Next Gen Subversive Tech Invt Fund Mgmt Co. Ltd.(5.5%)
- JIA YUE MIN(3.4%)
- China Investment Corp. (Investment Management)(2.2%)
- CAO YONG(1.6%)
- WU MING XIAO(1.1%)
- LIAO JUN(0.9%)
- Leshi Internet Information & Technology Corp. Beijing Esop(0.8%)
- China Resources SZITIC Trust Co., Ltd.(0.8%)
- China Post & Capital Fund Management Co., Ltd.(0.8%)
- Website: http://www.le.com
- Address: 16/F, Leshi Building, No. 105, Yao Jianyuan Road, Beijing, 100025, China
- Phone: +86.10.51665282
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.