|Apr 27, 2017|
|Apr 27, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||38,775|
Tencent Holdings Ltd. engages in the provision of value-added services. It operates through the following segments: Value-added Services, Online Advertising, and Others. The Value-added Services segment involves online and mobile games, community value-added services, and applications across various Internet and mobile platforms. The Online Advertising segment comprises of display based and performance based advertisements. The Other segment consists of trademark licensing, software development services, software sales, and other services. The company was founded by Yi Dan Chen, Hua Teng Ma, Chen Ye Xu, Li Qing Zeng, and Zhi Dong Zhang on November 23, 1999 and is headquartered in Shenzhen, China.
Tencent Holdings is a Chinese Internet services giant based in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province. It is the biggest rival of Alibaba Group, the country's largest e-commerce company. Baidu, Alibaba and Tencent are commonly known collectively as BAT in China.
Tencent was established in 1998. With the hit of its social network service QQ, users of its smartphone chat app WeChat surged, reaching 549 million at the end of March 2015. WeChat is gaining popularity with young Chinese.
As its revenue mainly comes from PC and smartphone games as well as advertising, increasing QQ and WeChat users is likely to lead to higher earnings.
Ma Huateng, founder and CEO of Tencent, is a young entrepreneur from Shantou, the coastal eastern part of Guangdong Province, where many competent overseas Chinese have their roots. He is also a major shareholder of Tencent, owning some 10% of the company.
In the news
April 27, 2017 9:07 pm JST
April 26, 2017 7:29 pm JST
Its tools: A partnership with Baidu and plenty of original programming
April 26, 2017 12:10 pm JST
April 25, 2017 7:54 pm JST
April 24, 2017 7:50 pm JST
April 24, 2017 7:47 pm JST
Startups with clever ideas are having more success raising money locally
April 23, 2017 12:00 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||63,283.88M|
|Dividends per share||0.61|
|Operating cash flow||79,399.88M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||8,152.55M|
|Dividends per share||0.07|
|Operating cash flow||10,228.70M|
Currency in USD
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Hua Teng Ma
- President & Executive Director: Chi Ping Lau
- COO & President-Interactive Entertainment Group: Yu Xin Ren
- Chief Financial Officer & Senior Vice President: Shek Hon Lo
- Chief Information Officer: Chen Ye Xu
- Naspers Ltd.(33.2%)
- MA HUA TENG(8.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.8%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.0%)
- T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc.(0.8%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors)(0.8%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.7%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (Global Investors)(0.6%)
- Schroder Investment Management Ltd.(0.6%)
- OppenheimerFunds, Inc.(0.5%)
- Website: http://www.tencent.com
- Address: Tencent Building, Kejizhongyi Avenue, Hi-tech Park, Shenzhen, 518057, China
- Phone: +86.755.8601.3388
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.