|Jul 24, 2017|
|Jul 24, 2017|
Currency in CNY
|Full time employees:||11,097|
China National Nuclear Power Co. Ltd. engages in the development, investment, construction, operation, and management of nuclear power projects. It focuses on power generation business, nuclear related technical services, and consulting business. The company was founded on January 21, 2008 and is headquartered in Beijing, China.
China National Nuclear Power is a major state-owned nuclear power generation company. Its parent enterprise is China National Nuclear Corp., which is directly controlled by the Chinese government and is one of China's big three nuclear power generation companies along with China General Nuclear Power and State Power Investment.
The predecessor of CNNC was the Ministry of Nuclear Industry, which oversaw China's nuclear power plant projects. Since it built China's first nuclear power plant, Qinshan Nuclear Power Plant Phase I, which went into operation in 1994, CNNC has led a nuclear power plant construction race in China by aggressively absorbing advanced technologies from its Japanese, U.S. and European counterparts. CNNP, traded on the Shanghai stock market, is the core subsidiary of CNNC.
Within China, CNNP is pushing ahead with nuclear power plant projects in the provinces of Zhejiang, home to Qinshan Nuclear Power Plant, Fujian, Jiangsu and Hainan, among some others. With the Xi Jinping leadership emphasizing infrastructure exports, the company is poised to accelerate overseas expansion together with the government. Enjoying the backing of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank set up at the initiative of China, CNNP's forte is the national support it enjoys.
As part of its overseas expansion, the company is stepping up efforts to export the Hualong One third-generation nuclear power reactor, which it says it developed with CGN Power. Based on an agreement between the Chinese and French governments, CNNC plans to acquire a stake in Areva of France, showing an eagerness to introduce cutting-edge foreign technologies. CNNC and CNNP are viewed as playing a central role in China's nuclear power plant export strategy. The question is the safety of the plants. With no track record of building and operating a nuclear power plant in an inland area, the companies face the challenge of winning confidence in Chinese-made nuclear power plants.
In the news
Beijing keeps the cash spigot open for state-owned players -- for now
June 15, 2017 10:00 am JST
April 27, 2017 3:46 pm JST
Changes to take effect on March 1
February 25, 2017 2:00 am JST
December 27, 2016 8:52 pm JST
July 7, 2016 12:00 pm JST
May 19, 2016 12:00 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||9,114.23M|
|Dividends per share||0.11|
|Operating cash flow||17,753.80M|
Currency in CNY
|Income before tax||1,371.89M|
|Dividends per share||0.01|
|Operating cash flow||2,672.33M|
Currency in USD
- General Manager & Director: Tao Zhang
- Deputy General Manager: Xiao Jian He
- Deputy General Manager: Ming Ze Ma
- Deputy General Manager: Xiu Jiang Wu
- Deputy General Manager: Jia Jie Xie
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission(5.7%)
- China Securities Finance Corp. Ltd.(2.3%)
- Guosen Securities Co., Ltd.(1.1%)
- China Asset Management Co., Ltd.(0.7%)
- China International Capital Corp. Ltd. (Invt Management)(0.7%)
- China Southern Asset Management Co., Ltd.(0.5%)
- BlackRock Asset Management North Asia Ltd.(0.5%)
- Changsheng Fund Management Co., Ltd.(0.4%)
- CSOP Asset Management Ltd.(0.4%)
- HuaAn Fund Management Co., Ltd.(0.3%)
- Website: http://www.cnnp.com.cn
- Address: No. 1 Sanlihe South 4th Lane, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100045, China
- Phone: +86.10.6855.5988
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.