|Apr 24, 2017|
|Apr 24, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||290,000|
CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd. engages in the operation of ports and provision of related services. It operates through the following segments: Ports and Related Services, Retail, Infrastructure, Energy and Telecommunications, Finance and Investments, and Others. The company was founded on December 12, 2014 and is headquartered in Hong Kong.
CK Hutchison Holdings runs a broad range of businesses, from telecommunications and retail to energy and infrastructure. The Hong Kong conglomerate operates in more than 50 countries. Chairman Li Ka-shing has long been known as Asia's richest man.
The company was created in 2015 through a merger of two holding entities -- Cheung Kong (Holdings) and Hutchison Whampoa. As part of the reorganization, CK Hutchison spun off real estate businesses in Hong Kong and China into a new company, Cheung Kong Property Holdings.
Major CK Hutchison group members include 3 Group Europe, a mobile communications company; A.S. Watson Group, a retailer that runs around 10,000 drugstores, supermarkets and other shops in Asia and Europe; Husky Energy, an energy developer based in Canada; and Hutchison Port Holdings, which controls more than 50 container terminals worldwide.
In 2015, CK Hutchison acquired O2 UK, Britain's second-largest mobile service provider. The conglomerate actively pursues acquisitions, mainly targeting regulated industries that generate stable cash flow.
The group's history goes back to the 1950s, when Li established Cheung Kong Industries. The company started out manufacturing plastic flowers. Li developed it into a real estate investment business, and in 1979, Cheung Kong acquired British trading house Hutchison Whampoa.
The chairman has maintained close relationships with successive generations of high-ranking Chinese Communist Party officials. Li's first-born son, Deputy Chairman Victor Li Tzar-kuoi, appears almost certain to succeed him.
In the news
April 24, 2017 7:47 pm JST
Other British-related stocks show mixed reactions
April 19, 2017 2:35 pm JST
Can Carrie Lam convince Hong Kongers she's on their side?
March 30, 2017 10:00 am JST
March 23, 2017 9:52 pm JST
Steadier Wall Street pushes Hang Seng to 5th gain in 6 sessiions
March 23, 2017 3:06 pm JST
European mobile business fuels growth as retail struggles
March 22, 2017 11:50 pm JST
March 22, 2017 8:12 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||29,850M|
|Dividends per share||2.68|
|Operating cash flow||36,128M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||3,845.43M|
|Dividends per share||0.34|
|Operating cash flow||4,654.19M|
Currency in USD
- Deputy Chairman & Group Co-Managing Director: Tzar Kuoi Li
- Group Co-Managing Director & Executive Director: Kin Ning Fok
- Executive Director & Group Finance Director: Frank John Sixt
- Senior Manager-Information Technology: Man Fai Lum
- Senior Manager-Administration: Shiu Yung Pau
- LI FAMILY(28.3%)
- LI KA SHING(1.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.5%)
- T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc.(1.0%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.0%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.9%)
- Invesco Advisers, Inc.(0.8%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd.(0.8%)
- First State Investment Management (UK) Ltd.(0.8%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd.(0.7%)
- Website: http://www.ckh.com.hk
- Address: 22nd Floor, Hutchison House, 10 Harcourt Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852..2128.1188
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.