LG H&H Co., Ltd.
In the news
- LG Electronics tops giant Samsung in white goods Jun 13, 2020
- LG shakes up group to restore former glory Feb 15, 2020
- LG Household buys Avon Japan for $96m Apr 25, 2018
- South Korean stocks ride 'Goldilocks' tide Aug 5, 2017
- LG Display sees opportunities in smartphone OLEDs Aug 3, 2017 See more articles on LG H&H Co., Ltd.
LG Household & Health Care is one of the largest household goods and cosmetics manufacturers in South Korea and ranks second in cosmetics in the country after AmorePacific Group. The company's cosmetics sales via duty-free shops have increased steadily due to a growing number of visitors from abroad. In addition, it has recently been active in mergers and acquisitions of domestic and foreign cosmetics brands. These factors have helped the cosmetics division gain a higher percentage of consolidated sales than the household goods division.
In 2001, LG Household & Health Care was established as a spinoff from LG Chem, taking over the cosmetics business from its parent LG group, one of South Korea's global conglomerates, which started out as a cosmetics producer. The company is built around three core divisions: detergent and other household goods, cosmetics and soft drinks, and its overseas operations focused on cosmetics.
The company is enjoying brisk demand for its high-end cosmetics brands at home and in China, including the Whoo line, based on traditional Korean herbal medicine, and Sum 37, a brand that uses naturally-fermented plants from around the world, at home and in China. The Face Shop, the low-cost brand acquired by LG Household, has proved popular with young Asian consumers. Meanwhile, the Korean company is preparing to keep pace with the era of an aging society through its Japanese subsidary, EverLife, that sells inner beauty products and health products.
LG Household & Health Care Vice Chairman Cha Suk-yong, who previously worked for U.S. consumer products maker Procter & Gamble, serves as CEO of the South Korean company. The company is vigorously pursuing new product development under the leadership of Cha, who is noted for his P&G-style management approach emphasizing innovation.
|Income before tax||1,182.29B||1,032.42M|
|Dividends Per Share||12,000||10.47|
|Operating cash flow||984,481.66M||859.68M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||861,078.57M||956,005.11M||1,085.16B||1,114.04B||1,182.29B|
|Dividends Per Share||9,000||9,250||11,000||11,000||12,000|
|Operating cash flow||735,477.19M||817,116.84M||1,139.64B||1,004.84B||984,481.66M|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||761.67M||868.68M||930.52M||944.19M||1,032.42M|
|Dividends Per Share||7.96||8.40||9.43||9.32||10.47|
|Operating cash flow||650.57M||742.48M||977.23M||851.64M||859.68M|
- Vice Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Suk-Yong Cha
- Chief Financial Officer & Director: Hong-Gi Kim
- Chief Technology Officer: Seon-Gyu Park
- Head-Legal & Compliance Support: Jun-Sik Han
- MD & Head-Household Goods Research: Sang-Min Lee
- LG Corp. (34.0%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (6.9%)
- LG H&H Co., Ltd. (6.1%)
- First Sentier Investors (Hong Kong) Ltd. (1.6%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.4%)
- Comgest SA (1.3%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.2%)
- Harding Loevner LP (1.0%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (0.8%)
- Vontobel Asset Management AG (0.8%)
- Address: LG Gwanghwamun Building, 58 Saemunan-ro, Seoul, 03184, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.3773.1114
- Oriental Biomed Lab Ltd.
- Loa Korea Co., Ltd.
- LG Household & Health Care International Trading (Shanghai) Co
- LG Household & Health Care Cosmetics R&D (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- LG H&H Tokyo R&D Center, Inc.
- LG Household & Health Care (Thailand) Ltd.
- LG H&H HK Ltd.
- Balkeunnuri Co., Ltd.
- FMG Co., Ltd.
- Boinca, Inc.
- MiGen Story Co., Ltd.
- Rucipello Korea, Inc.
- LG Household & Health Care Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- K&I Co., Ltd.
- Zenisce Co., Ltd.
- Creme Shop, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Pte Ltd. /Oral Care Brand/
- LG H&H USA, Inc.
- Avon Co.
- Toiletry Japan, Inc. KK
- LG Household & Health Care (Taiwan) Ltd.
- CNP Cosmetics Co., Ltd.
- R&Y Corp.
- Diamond Pure Water Co., Ltd.
- Future Co., Ltd.
- Ginza Stefany Cosmetics Co., Ltd.
- Beijing LG Household Chemical Co., Ltd.
- LG Vina Cosmetics Co., Ltd.
- Coca-Cola Beverage Co., Ltd.
- TAI GUK PHARM Co., Ltd.
- TONYMOLY Co., Ltd.
- Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Class A
- Revlon, Inc. Class A
- AK Holdings, Inc.
- IT'S HANBUL CO. LTD.
- Hankook Cosmetics Co., Ltd
- Coreana Cosmetics Co., Ltd
- Leaders Cosmetics Co., Ltd
- Prostemics Co. Ltd.
- DongKook Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- VT GMP Co., Ltd.
- Korea Cast Iron Pipe Ind. Co., Ltd.
- DongKoo Bio & Pharm Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2022 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 30 Sep, 2022
Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app
- Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
- Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
- Customize your reading experience
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.