ArrowArtboardCreated with Sketch.Title ChevronTitle ChevronEye IconIcon FacebookIcon LinkedinIcon Mail ContactPath LayerIcon MailMenu BurgerPositive ArrowIcon PrintIcon SearchSite TitleTitle ChevronIcon Twitter
Business

Japan's Alsok to buy Hitachi Security Service

Expansion plans also include joint venture with NTT security unit

TOKYO -- Sohgo Security Services, better known as Alsok, has agreed to purchase rival Hitachi Security Service, part of efforts to expand its customer base.

Alsok will acquire 90% of outstanding shares of the Hitachi group company on Feb. 1 for several billion yen. The Hitachi unit, which primarily offers security services for group companies, recorded sales of 8.14 billion yen ($71.3 million) in the year ended March 2016.

In a separate acquisition, Alsok plans to set up a joint venture with NTT Group's TelWel East Japan by Jan. 10. Alsok will put up 80% of the capital, while TelWel will provide the remaining 20%. The new company will take over TelWel's security business on April 1. TelWel offers security services at buildings where NTT group companies are housed, with the business generating 2.6 billion yen in sales.

Demand for security guard services is growing, as building construction accelerates in preparation for the Tokyo Olympics, and manufacturing businesses hire outside companies for factory security.

Alsok, the top provider of security guard services, aims for a further boost in business via acquisitions.

(Nikkei)

Sponsored Content

About Sponsored Content This content was commissioned by Nikkei's Global Business Bureau.

You have {{numberArticlesLeft}} free article{{numberArticlesLeft-plural}} left this monthThis is your last free article this month

Stay ahead with our exclusives on Asia;
the most dynamic market in the world.

Stay ahead with our exclusives on Asia

Get trusted insights from experts within Asia itself.

Get trusted insights from experts
within Asia itself.

Get Unlimited access

You have {{numberArticlesLeft}} free article{{numberArticlesLeft-plural}} left this month

This is your last free article this month

Stay ahead with our exclusives on Asia; the most
dynamic market in the world
.

Get trusted insights from experts
within Asia itself.

Try 3 months for $9

Offer ends June 30th

Your trial period has expired

You need a subscription to...

  • Read all stories with unlimited access
  • Use our mobile and tablet apps
See all offers and subscribe

Your full access to the Nikkei Asian Review has expired

You need a subscription to:

  • Read all stories with unlimited access
  • Use our mobile and tablet apps
See all offers
NAR on print phone, device, and tablet media