ArrowArtboardCreated with Sketch.Title ChevronTitle ChevronIcon FacebookIcon LinkedinIcon Mail ContactPath LayerIcon MailPositive ArrowIcon Print

Japan's JGC to build Philippine power plant

TOKYO -- Japanese engineering company JGC has won an order estimated at around 20 billion yen ($198 million) for a power plant project from a utility in the Philippines.

The 105,000kW coal-fired facility in Sarangani Province is slated to begin operations in April 2019. JGC will draw up the blueprints, procure materials and build it for Sarangani Energy. A local energy conglomerate owns 75% of the power provider, with Japanese trading house Toyota Tsusho holding the other 25%.

Sponsored Content

About Sponsored Content This content was commissioned by Nikkei's Global Business Bureau.

Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app

  • Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
  • Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
  • Customize your reading experience

Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.

Celebrate our next chapter
Free access for everyone - Sep. 30

Find out more