ArrowArtboardCreated with Sketch.Title ChevronTitle ChevronIcon FacebookIcon LinkedinIcon Mail ContactPath LayerIcon MailPositive ArrowIcon Print

Indonesia's top drugmaker Kalbe Farma to boost ASEAN expansion

Philippine venture 'first step,' executive says, with Middle East on the horizon

Top Indonesian drugmaker Kalbe Farma and Filipino consumer goods distributor Ecossential Foods announce a joint venture on May 18 in Manila. Kalbe is aiming to expand its presence in Southeast Asia. (Photo courtesy of Kalbe Farma)

JAKARTA -- Top Indonesian drugmaker Kalbe Farma has announced the establishment of a joint venture in the Philippines as the company expands across Southeast Asia after taking a hit from the coronavirus pandemic.

Kalbe, through subsidiary Kalbe International, will control 60% of Kalbe Ecossential International, while Philippine consumer goods distributor Ecossential Foods will hold the remaining 40%, Kalbe said Thursday, a day after announcing the deal in Manila.

Sponsored Content

About Sponsored Content This content was commissioned by Nikkei's Global Business Bureau.

Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app

  • Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
  • Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
  • Customize your reading experience

Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.

Celebrate our next chapter
Free access for everyone - Sep. 30

Find out more