BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd.
In the news
- Chinese tech companies topple Japan, chase US in market share Aug 12, 2020
- Apple's OLED supplier shift gives LG fighting chance against Samsung Jul 28, 2020
- Washington blacklists key Apple supplier amid US-China decoupling Jul 22, 2020
- Apple opts for OLED screens for entire 5G iPhone range Jul 7, 2020
- LG and Samsung in full retreat before Chinese flat-panel onslaught Apr 19, 2020 See more articles on BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd.
BOE Technology Group is China's largest liquid crystal display panel maker. BOE Technology's biggest competitor in the domestic market is TCL. BOE was established in 1993, following the reorganization of a state-owned vacuum tube plant in Beijing. The company has factories in Beijing, Hefei, Chongqing and other cities. It also has research and development centers in the U.S. and Japan.
BOE mainly produces LCD panels for flat-screen TVs, large monitors and smartphones. Its strength is in LCD panels for smartphones and tablets, a segment in which it holds the largest market share in the world.
The company has rapidly improved its technological capabilities and is building plants to produce the world's first 10.5-generation large panels. It also makes high-definition 8K displays.
BOE has strong fundraising ability, thanks to its backing from the Beijing city government, and is investing heavily in new plant construction, research and development. It is expanding its business in the following areas: LCD panels, displays and lighting technology and health care -- mostly "smart medicine" and hospital management employing information technology.
A state-run entity owned by the Beijing municipal government is BOE's largest shareholder with over 10% of its outstanding shares. The company has an employee stock ownership plan and was among the first state-owned companies to introduce a performance-based compensation system. With other Chinese manufacturers increasing investment to boost production of LCD panels, intensifying competition is a source of concern.
|Income before tax||303.72M||43.95M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.01||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||26,176.46M||3,788.28M|
|Currency in CNY||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019|
|Income before tax||2,008.49M||2,527.52M||9,740.90M||4,136.21M||303.72M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.01||0.02||0.05||0.02||0.01|
|Operating cash flow||10,677.97M||10,222.48M||26,381.50M||26,040.09M||26,176.46M|
|Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019|
|Income before tax||319.56M||380.44M||1,441.34M||625.08M||43.95M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||1,698.92M||1,538.70M||3,903.61M||3,935.32M||3,788.28M|
- Chairman & General Manager: Yan Shun Chen
- Co-Vice Chairman & President: Xiao Dong Liu
- Co-Chief Operating Officer & EVP: Xiang Jun Yao
- Chief Financial Officer, Director & Executive VP: Yun Sun
- Co-Vice Chairman & Executive Vice President: Wenbao Gao
- Beijing State-Owned Assets Supervision & Administration (15.2%)
- Chongqing Yuzi Optoelectronics Industry Investment Co. Ltd. (5.1%)
- Hefei Jianxiang Investment Co. Ltd. (5.0%)
- Beijing Econ & Tech Dev Area State-Owned Assets Mgmt Office (2.7%)
- Generali China Asset Management Co. Ltd. (1.3%)
- BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd. (1.0%)
- JPMorgan Asset Management (Asia Pacific) Ltd. (0.8%)
- China Investment Corp. (Investment Management) (0.7%)
- E Fund Management Co., Ltd. (0.4%)
- Zhong Ou Asset Management Co., Ltd (0.4%)
- Address: 12 Xihuan Middle Road, Economic-Technological Dev Area, Beijing, 100176, China
- Phone: +86.10.64366264
- Boe Innovation Investment Co. Ltd.
- Beijing Yinghe Century Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Beijing BOE Life Technology Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Zhongxiangying Technology Co., Ltd.
- Ordos City Haosheng Energy Investment Co., Ltd.
- BOE Wisdom IoT Technology Co., Ltd.
- Hefei BOE Zhuoyin Technology Co., Ltd.
- Kunming BOE Display Technology Co., Ltd.
- Mianyang BOE Optoelectronics Technology Co., Ltd.
- Beijing BOE Sensor Technology Co., Ltd.
- Beijing BOE Yi Yun Technology Co., Ltd.
- Beijing BOE Vacuum Technology Co., Ltd.
- Beijing BOE Technology Development Co., Ltd.
- Beijing BOE Energy Technology Co., Ltd.
- Beijing BOE Multimedia Technology Co., Ltd.
- BOE Technology America, Inc.
- Fuzhou BOE Optoelectronics Technology Co., Ltd.
- Boe Smart Retail Hk Co. Ltd.
- Hefei BOE Display Technology Co., Ltd.
- Boe Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Beijing BOE Marketing Co., Ltd.
- Hefei BOE Display Light Co. Ltd.
- Boe Optoelectronics Holding Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Oriental Medical Care Investment Management Co. Ltd.
- Nanjing CEC Panda Flat Display Technology Co., Ltd.
- Boe Technology Hk Ltd.
- Hefei Xinsheng Optoelectric Technology Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing BOE Optoelectronics Technology Co., Ltd.
- Hefei BOE Optoelectronics Technology Co., Ltd.
- Ordos Yuansheng Optoelectronics Co., Ltd.
- LG Display Co., Ltd
- Innolux Corp.
- Au Optronics Corp.
- Kopin Corporation
- Hannstar Display Corp.
- Radiant Opto-Electronics Corp.
- Taiwan Thick-Film Ind. Corp.
- e-Litecom Co., Ltd
- AIBIT Co., Ltd.
- Chip Hope Co., Ltd.
- CoAsia Electronics Corp.
- INVENIA Co., Ltd.
- KODI CO., LTD.
- Shaanxi Baoguang Vacuum Electronic Apparatus Co., Ltd. Class A
- Techwing, Inc.
- Tianjin Jingwei Huikai Optoelectronic Co., Ltd. Class A
- Ways Electron Co. Ltd. Class A
Copyright © 2021 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 15 Jan, 2021
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.