CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd.
In the news
- Chinese tycoon scrambles to hold Goldin empire together Jul 24, 2020
- Despair and defiance as Hong Kong mounts its last stand Jun 3, 2020
- Israel's blossoming China ties become thorny issue with US May 30, 2020
- Hong Kong police clash with protesters rallying against anthem bill May 27, 2020
- Hong Kong warms to online commerce amid pandemic and protests May 26, 2020 See more articles on CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd.
CK Hutchison Holdings runs a broad range of businesses, from telecommunications and retail to energy and infrastructure. The Hong Kong conglomerate operates in more than 50 countries. Chairman Li Ka-shing has long been known as Asia's richest man.
The company was created in 2015 through a merger of two holding entities -- Cheung Kong (Holdings) and Hutchison Whampoa. As part of the reorganization, CK Hutchison spun off real estate businesses in Hong Kong and China into a new company, Cheung Kong Property Holdings.
Major CK Hutchison group members include 3 Group Europe, a mobile communications company; A.S. Watson Group, a retailer that runs around 10,000 drugstores, supermarkets and other shops in Asia and Europe; Husky Energy, an energy developer based in Canada; and Hutchison Port Holdings, which controls more than 50 container terminals worldwide.
In 2015, CK Hutchison acquired O2 UK, Britain's second-largest mobile service provider. The conglomerate actively pursues acquisitions, mainly targeting regulated industries that generate stable cash flow.
The group's history goes back to the 1950s, when Li established Cheung Kong Industries. The company started out manufacturing plastic flowers. Li developed it into a real estate investment business, and in 1979, Cheung Kong acquired British trading house Hutchison Whampoa.
The chairman has maintained close relationships with successive generations of high-ranking Chinese Communist Party officials. Li's first-born son, Deputy Chairman Victor Li Tzar-kuoi, appears almost certain to succeed him.
|Income before tax||55,274M||7,126.61M|
|Dividends Per Share||2.31||0.29|
|Operating cash flow||72,689M||9,371.97M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||46,463M||46,418M||49,198M||44,869M||55,274M|
|Dividends Per Share||2.68||2.85||3.17||3.17||2.31|
|Operating cash flow||36,128M||52,404M||54,728M||68,872M||72,689M|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||5,985.60M||5,956.51M||6,277.22M||5,726.59M||7,126.61M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.34||0.36||0.40||0.40||0.29|
|Operating cash flow||4,654.19M||6,724.65M||6,982.79M||8,790.07M||9,371.97M|
- Chairman & Group Co-Managing Director: Tzar Kuoi Li
- Group Co-Managing Director & Executive Director: Kin Ning Fok
- Group Finance Director & Executive Director: Frank John Sixt
- Executive Director & Deputy Managing Director: Tak Chuen Ip
- Executive Director & Deputy Managing Director: Hing Lam Kam
- LI FAMILY (30.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.5%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.5%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (1.1%)
- Southeastern Asset Management, Inc. (0.5%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd. (0.5%)
- Baillie Gifford & Co. (0.5%)
- First Sentier Investors (Hong Kong) Ltd. (0.4%)
- Mackenzie Financial Corp. (0.4%)
- Fiduciary Management, Inc. (0.4%)
- Address: Cheung Kong Center, 2 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.2128.1188
- Ck Hutchison Networks Austria GmbH
- PARKnSHOP (HK) Ltd.
- NAWAH for Ports Management LLC
- Wuhan Watsons Personal Goods Store Co., Ltd.
- Star Classic Investments Ltd.
- Hutchison Port Investments Ltd.
- ECT Delta Terminal BV
- CK Hutchison International (20) Ltd.
- Hutchison Global Enabling Services Ltd.
- CK Hutchison International (19) (II) Ltd.
- CK Hutchison Group Telecom Holdings Ltd.
- Eversholt UK Rails (Holding) Ltd.
- CKI Gas Infrastructure Ltd.
- CKH Gas Infrastructure Ltd.
- CK Hutchison International (19) Ltd.
- Longliv Ventures LP
- Vermillion Aviation (Eight) Ltd.
- CK Hutchison Capital Securities (Europe) Ltd.
- Crest Apex Ltd.
- Karachi International Container Terminal Ltd.
- CK Hutchison Europe Finance (18) Ltd.
- CK Hutchison International (17) II Ltd.
- CK Hutchison Capital Securities (17) Ltd.
- CK Hutchison International (17) Ltd.
- Wind Tre SpA
- CK Capital Investment Ltd.
- Casaurina Investments Ltd.
- CK Hutchison International (16) Ltd.
- CK Hutchison Finance (16) (II) Ltd.
- Hutchison Finance (16) Ltd.
- CK Infrastructure Holdings Limited
- Robinsons Retail Holdings, Inc.
- PT Telkom Indonesia (Persero) Tbk Class B
- HKT Trust and HKT Ltd
- PT Sumber Alfaria Trijaya
- Grupo TMM SAB Class A
- Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha
- Seven & I Holdings Co., Ltd.
- International Container Terminal Services, Inc.
- United Utilities Group PLC
- Hong Kong Television Network Ltd.
- Infrastrutture Wireless Italiane S.p.A.
- Pacific Century Premium Developments Limited
Copyright © 2021 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 7 May, 2021
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.