- 13.30 HKD
Hong KongMay 23, 2019
Market cap (HKD)585,774.62M
Market cap (USD)74,621.92M
In the news
- Clouds hang over China oil majors despite $10bn profit jump Mar 26, 2019
- Nikkei Asia300 falls in May on Sino-US tensions, geopolitics May 31, 2018
- Hong Kong stocks hit 3-week low as heavyweights pull down market May 29, 2018
- Nikkei Asia300 rises with US-North Korea summit back on table May 28, 2018
- Hong Kong stocks climb the most in two weeks May 28, 2018 See more articles on CNOOC Ltd.
CNOOC Ltd. is a core subsidiary of China National Offshore Oil Corp., or CNOOC, a major Chinese state-owned oil company under the direct control of the State Council of the People's Republic of China.
CNOOC Ltd.'s main business is exploring and developing offshore crude oil and natural gas fields. In line with government policy, the company has been engaged in offshore development in such areas as the East China Sea and the South China Sea. In recent years, CNOOC Ltd. has expanded through buyouts of foreign companies. The company's activities are closely watched at home and abroad.
The parent company was founded in 1982 to co-develop offshore oil fields with major players abroad, due to a lack of the necessary technology in China at the time. Since then, CNOOC has accumulated significant technical know-how through such partnerships. CNOOC is China's third-largest oil company after state-run players China Petrochemical Corp., or Sinopec Group, and China National Petroleum Corporation, or CNPC.
In 2005, CNOOC Ltd. made a move to acquire U.S. oil major Unocal, but the Chinese company withdrew its bid due to a backlash in the U.S. Congress. But the CNOOC group did not lose its appetite for overseas acquisitions. China Oilfield Services, a unit under CNOOC, bought Norwegian rival Awilco Offshore for $2.5 billion in 2008. CNOOC Ltd. acquired Canadian energy giant Nexen for $15.1 billion in 2013, putting the group among the ranks of the global oil industry heavyweights.
In line with Beijing's reform drive targeting state-owned enterprises, the CNOOC group is stepping up efforts to improve profitability by, for example, diversifying. In 2009, CNOOC launched retail gasoline sales. Also, the company has begun a project to construct charging stations for electric vehicles, aiming to strengthen its presence in the business-to-consumer market to improve profitability.
|Income before tax||89,043.69M||11,361.17M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.70||0.08|
|Operating cash flow||145,241.28M||18,531.47M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||102,578.96M||18,782.21M||-6,074.60M||41,922.78M||89,043.69M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.57||0.50||0.35||0.50||0.70|
|Operating cash flow||138,336.30M||96,207.79M||82,863.07M||106,575.20M||145,241.28M|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||13,228.00M||2,422.70M||-782.56M||5,379.66M||11,361.17M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.07||0.06||0.04||0.06||0.08|
|Operating cash flow||17,839.06M||12,409.78M||10,674.85M||13,676.08M||18,531.47M|
- Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director: Guang Yu Yuan
- President & Executive Director: Ke Qiang Xu
- Chief Financial Officer: Wei Zhi Xie
- Joint Secretary & Compliance Officer: Wu Xiaonan
- Chief Safety Officer, EVP & GM-Exploration: Yu Hong Xie
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission (64.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.2%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.2%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors) (0.4%)
- APG Asset Management NV (0.4%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (0.4%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd. (0.4%)
- BlackRock Japan Co., Ltd. (0.3%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd. (0.3%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd. (0.3%)
- Address: 65th Floor, Bank of China Tower, 1 Garden Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.2213.2500
- CNOOC Australia International Holdings Pte Ltd.
- CNOOC China Ltd. /Zhanjiang Branch/
- CNOOC Xingcheng Sale Shanghiai Co., Ltd.
- CNOOC Congo SA
- CNOOC Canada Ltd.
- CNOOC Africa Ltd.
- CNOOC Hainan Gas Co., Ltd.
- CNOOC International Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
- CNOOC Iraq Ltd.
- CNOOC UK Ltd.
- CNOOC Oil Base Group Ltd.
- Cnooc Finance (2015) USA LLC
- Cnooc Finance (2015) Australia Pty Ltd.
- China Offshore Oil Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Chaoyang Petroleum (BVI) Ltd.
- CNOOC Australia E&P Pty Ltd.
- CNOOC NWS Pte Ltd.
- CNOOC Finance (2012) Ltd.
- CNOOC Oil & Petrochemicals Co., Ltd.
- CNOOC Luxembourg SARL
- CNOOC China Ltd. /Tianjin Branch/
- CNOOC Research Institute
- Nanhai East Oil Corp.
- CNOOC Finance (2011) Ltd.
- CNOOC Africa (UK) Ltd.
- CNOOC Ses Ltd.
- CNOOC Fujian Gas Power Co., Ltd.
- CNOOC Deepwater Development Ltd.
- CNOOC Insurance Ltd.
- CNOOC Southeast Asia Ltd.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation Class H
- PetroChina Company Limited Class H
- Cenovus Energy Inc.
- Imperial Oil Limited
- FAR Ltd
- YPF SA Class D
- Blue Energy Limited
- Hurricane Energy Plc
- Europa Oil & Gas (Holdings) plc
- Hubei Guochuang Hi-Tech Material Co ltd Class A
- Providence Resources Plc
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 23 May, 2019