Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
- 13.12 HKD
Hong KongApr 20, 2018
Market cap (HKD)576,845M
Market cap (USD)73,520.70M
In the news
- Resources stocks lift Nikkei Asia300 Index after oil climbs Apr 19, 2018
- Hong Kong shares up for second day, led by bank and oil stocks Apr 19, 2018
- Energy producers fuel Hong Kong stock market Apr 19, 2018
- Nikkei Asia300 Index rises on week as trade tensions cool Apr 13, 2018
- Hong Kong stocks end best week in 2 months as trade tensions fade Apr 13, 2018 See more articles on CNOOC Ltd.
CNOOC Ltd. is a core subsidiary of China National Offshore Oil Corp., or CNOOC, a major Chinese state-owned oil company under the direct control of the State Council of the People's Republic of China.
CNOOC Ltd.'s main business is exploring and developing offshore crude oil and natural gas fields. In line with government policy, the company has been engaged in offshore development in such areas as the East China Sea and the South China Sea. In recent years, CNOOC Ltd. has expanded through buyouts of foreign companies. The company's activities are closely watched at home and abroad.
The parent company was founded in 1982 to co-develop offshore oil fields with major players abroad, due to a lack of the necessary technology in China at the time. Since then, CNOOC has accumulated significant technical know-how through such partnerships. CNOOC is China's third-largest oil company after state-run players China Petrochemical Corp., or Sinopec Group, and China National Petroleum Corporation, or CNPC.
In 2005, CNOOC Ltd. made a move to acquire U.S. oil major Unocal, but the Chinese company withdrew its bid due to a backlash in the U.S. Congress. But the CNOOC group did not lose its appetite for overseas acquisitions. China Oilfield Services, a unit under CNOOC, bought Norwegian rival Awilco Offshore for $2.5 billion in 2008. CNOOC Ltd. acquired Canadian energy giant Nexen for $15.1 billion in 2013, putting the group among the ranks of the global oil industry heavyweights.
In line with Beijing's reform drive targeting state-owned enterprises, the CNOOC group is stepping up efforts to improve profitability by, for example, diversifying. In 2009, CNOOC launched retail gasoline sales. Also, the company has begun a project to construct charging stations for electric vehicles, aiming to strengthen its presence in the business-to-consumer market to improve profitability.
|Income before tax||41,922.78M||5,379.66M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.50||0.06|
|Operating cash flow||106,575.20M||13,676.08M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||100,881.93M||102,578.96M||18,782.21M||-6,074.60M||41,922.78M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.57||0.57||0.50||0.35||0.50|
|Operating cash flow||139,075.40M||138,336.30M||96,207.79M||82,863.07M||106,575.20M|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||13,005.87M||13,228.00M||2,422.70M||-782.56M||5,379.66M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.07||0.07||0.06||0.04||0.06|
|Operating cash flow||17,929.84M||17,839.06M||12,409.78M||10,674.85M||13,676.08M|
- Chief Executive Officer & Director: Guang Yu Yuan
- President & Executive Director: Ke Qiang Xu
- Chief Financial Officer: Wei Zhi Xie
- Executive VP, General Counsel & Compliance Officer: Wei Chen
- Executive VP & GM-Exploration Department: Yu Hong Xie
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission (64.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.2%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.0%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd. (0.4%)
- Schroder Investment Management Ltd. (0.3%)
- JF Asset Management Ltd. (0.3%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (0.3%)
- The Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec (0.3%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd. (0.3%)
- Walter Scott & Partners Ltd. (0.3%)
- Address: 65th Floor, Bank of China Tower, 1 Garden Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.2213.2500
- CNOOC Xingcheng Sale Shanghiai Co., Ltd.
- CNOOC Congo SA
- CNOOC Canada Ltd.
- CNOOC Africa Ltd.
- CNOOC Hainan Gas Co., Ltd.
- CNOOC International Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
- CNOOC Iraq Ltd.
- CNOOC UK Ltd.
- CNOOC Oil Base Group Ltd.
- Cnooc Finance (2015) USA LLC
- Cnooc Finance (2015) Australia Pty Ltd.
- China Offshore Oil Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Chaoyang Petroleum (BVI) Ltd.
- CNOOC Australia E&P Pty Ltd.
- CNOOC NWS Pte Ltd.
- CNOOC Finance (2012) Ltd.
- CNOOC Oil & Petrochemicals Co., Ltd.
- CNOOC Luxembourg SARL
- CNOOC China Ltd. /Tianjin Branch/
- CNOOC Research Institute
- Nanhai East Oil Corp.
- CNOOC Finance (2011) Ltd.
- CNOOC Africa (UK) Ltd.
- CNOOC Ses Ltd.
- CNOOC Fujian Gas Power Co., Ltd.
- CNOOC Deepwater Development Ltd.
- CNOOC Insurance Ltd.
- CNOOC Southeast Asia Ltd.
- CNOOC International Ltd.
- CNOOC China Ltd.
- PetroChina Company Limited Class H
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation Class H
- Public Joint-Stock Company Gazprom
- Cenovus Energy Inc.
- Imperial Oil Limited
- BlackPearl Resources Inc.
- Vedanta Resources plc
- YPF SA Class D
- Hurricane Energy Plc
- Trinity Exploration & Production Plc
- Europa Oil & Gas (Holdings) plc
- Cefc Anhui International Holding Co Ltd Class A
- Petrobras Argentina SA Class B
- Providence Resources Plc
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 20 Apr, 2018