China Airlines Ltd.
In the news
- Asia needs to resume air travel faster, says airline group head Jun 19, 2020
- Asian airlines flock to cargo for reprieve from coronavirus havoc Apr 22, 2020
- Japan's tourism windfall at risk as virus spreads in China Jan 24, 2020
- Taiwan carrier Starlux debuts with founder piloting maiden flight Jan 24, 2020
- Ousted EVA Airways chairman retaliates with new airline Oct 4, 2017 See more articles on China Airlines Ltd.
Founded in December 1959 by the Taiwanese government, China Airlines is Taiwan's flagship carrier and its largest. It is a member of the SkyTeam global airline alliance and offers both passenger and air cargo services.
The government-controlled airline flies to major destinations in North America, Europe and Asia. Traditionally a long-haul carrier with a fleet of 90 passenger and cargo jets, it mainly relies on Airbus A330 and Boeing 747 planes for intercontinental flights.
Now it mostly depends on regional passenger flights, particularly to China, Japan and South Korea, for revenue growth. Passenger flights account for more than two-thirds of the company's annual revenue, with the remainder coming from cargo services and onboard sales of duty-free goods.
In 2013, it created Tigerair Taiwan with Singapore-based Tigerair to tap Asia's budget air travel market.
Company President Chang Yu-Hern is a veteran in the local transportation sector. Previously he served as director-general of the Institute of Transportation under Ministry of Transportation and Communications. Before that, he was a director and consultant at the China Aviation Development Foundation, a government-controlled entity that is responsible for growing Taiwan's aviation industry.
|Income before tax||11,528.02M||412.71M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.83||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||49,765.97M||1,781.69M|
|Currency in TWD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||2,987.72M||2,714.00M||-429.12M||-452.96M||11,528.02M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.21||0.20||0||0||0.83|
|Operating cash flow||28,469.88M||25,188.00M||37,805.35M||9,481.88M||49,765.97M|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||98.20M||90.00M||-13.88M||-15.38M||412.71M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.00||0.00||0||0||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||935.81M||835.29M||1,222.97M||322.02M||1,781.69M|
- President: Shing-Hwang Kao
- Vice President-Flight Operations: Ming Hui Lai
- Chief Financial Officer: Wang Wei
- Vice President-Information Management: Shih-Ming Lu
- Senior Vice President: I-Chieh Chen
- China Aviation Development Foundation (31.1%)
- National Development Fund of The Executive Yuan (8.6%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.4%)
- Labor Pension New Fund (1.2%)
- China Airlines Ltd. Employee Stock Ownership Trust Plan (1.0%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.9%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (0.8%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (0.4%)
- Arrowstreet Capital LP (0.4%)
- BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd. (0.4%)
- Address: No. 1 Hangzhan South Road, Dayuan District, Taoyuan, 337 58, Taiwan
- Phone: +886.3.399.8888
- China Aviation Industry Investment Co., Ltd.
- Dynasty Aerotech International Corp.
- Taiwan Aircraft Maintenance & Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Tiger Taiwan Co. Ltd.
- Global Sky Express Ltd.
- China Pacific Laundry Services Ltd.
- Yestrip Co., Ltd.
- Hwa Hsia Co. Ltd. /TW/
- Kaohsiung Airport Catering Services
- China Airlines Ltd. Employee Stock Ownership Trust Plan
- China Airlines Ltd. (California)
- Cal Park Co. Ltd.
- China Pacific Catering Services Ltd.
- Taiwan Air Cargo Terminal Ltd.
- Cal Hotel Co., Ltd.
- Science Park Logistics Co., Ltd.
- Dynasty Holidays, Inc.
- Freighter Queen Ltd.
- Freighter Prince Ltd.
- Freighter Princess Ltd.
- Hua Chuan Travel Agency
- CAL-Asia Investment Inc.
- Hsien Chi Information System Co. Ltd.
- Hua Sheng Investment Co. Ltd.
- Cal-Dynasty International, Inc.
- China Airlines Warehouse Co. Ltd.
- Mandarin Airlines Ltd.
- Taiwan Airport Services Co., Ltd.
- China Southern Airlines Company Limited Class H
- Eva Airways Corporation
- Japan Airlines Co., Ltd.
- Cathay Pacific Airways Limited
- China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited Class H
- Korean Air Lines Co., Ltd.
- ANA Holdings Inc.
- Air China Limited Class H
- Thai Airways International Public Co. Ltd.
- Qantas Airways Limited
- Singapore Airlines Ltd.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA
- Turk Hava Yollari A.O.
- Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Asiana Airlines Inc.
- Air France-KLM SA
- International Consolidated Airlines Group SA
- Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc.
- Aeroflot-Russian Airlines PJSC
- Deutsche Lufthansa AG
- LATAM Airlines Group SA
- Ryanair Holdings Plc
- Air Canada
- American Airlines Group, Inc.
- United Airlines Holdings, Inc.
- FedEx Corporation
- United Parcel Service, Inc. Class B
- Deutsche Post AG
- easyJet plc
- Wizz Air Holdings Plc
Copyright © 2022 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 4 Oct, 2022
Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app
- Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
- Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
- Customize your reading experience
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.