Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
China Airlines Ltd.
- 9.19 TWD
TaiwanAug 17, 2018
Market cap (TWD)49,895.37M
Market cap (USD)1,618.53M
In the news
- Ousted EVA Airways chairman retaliates with new airline Oct 4, 2017
- China Airlines sees second-half comeback after interim loss Aug 18, 2017
- Cathay Pacific shares gain on expected restructuring Jan 17, 2017
- Taiwan-China ties under spotlight after Hai Pa Wang notice Dec 6, 2016
- Taiwan's TransAsia Airways comes to an ignominious end Dec 1, 2016 See more articles on China Airlines Ltd.
Founded in December 1959 by the Taiwanese government, China Airlines is Taiwan's flagship carrier and its largest. It is a member of the SkyTeam global airline alliance and offers both passenger and air cargo services.
The government-controlled airline flies to major destinations in North America, Europe and Asia. Traditionally a long-haul carrier with a fleet of 90 passenger and cargo jets, it mainly relies on Airbus A330 and Boeing 747 planes for intercontinental flights.
Now it mostly depends on regional passenger flights, particularly to China, Japan and South Korea, for revenue growth. Passenger flights account for more than two-thirds of the company's annual revenue, with the remainder coming from cargo services and onboard sales of duty-free goods.
In 2013, it created Tigerair Taiwan with Singapore-based Tigerair to tap Asia's budget air travel market.
Company President Chang Yu-Hern is a veteran in the local transportation sector. Previously he served as director-general of the Institute of Transportation under Ministry of Transportation and Communications. Before that, he was a director and consultant at the China Aviation Development Foundation, a government-controlled entity that is responsible for growing Taiwan's aviation industry.
|Income before tax||2,987.72M||98.20M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.21||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||28,469.88M||935.81M|
|Currency in TWD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||-811.54M||-151.64M||6,618.74M||1,342.86M||2,987.72M|
|Dividends Per Share||0||0||0.45||0||0.21|
|Operating cash flow||20,074.72M||16,852.79M||31,948.04M||17,544.64M||28,469.88M|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||-27.34M||-5.00M||208.43M||41.63M||98.20M|
|Dividends Per Share||0||0||0.01||0||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||676.34M||556.13M||1,006.10M||544.00M||935.81M|
- Director & President: Su-Chien Hsieh
- Vice President-Flight Operations: Ming Hui Lai
- Vice President-Finance: I Chieh Chen
- Vice President-Information Management: Shih-Ming Lu
- Vice President-Administration: Yueh Han Ku
- China Aviation Development Foundation (34.1%)
- National Development Fund of The Executive Yuan (9.5%)
- Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. (4.8%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.8%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.6%)
- New Labor Pension Fund (1.4%)
- Cathay Life Insurance Co., Ltd. (Invt Port) (1.0%)
- China Airlines Ltd. Employee Stock Ownership Trust Plan (0.9%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (0.8%)
- Hai Yang Investment Co. Ltd. (0.7%)
- Address: No. 1 Hangzhan South Road, Dayuan District, Taoyuan, 337 58, Taiwan
- Phone: +886.3.399.8888
- Taiwan Aircraft Maintenance & Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Global Sky Express Ltd.
- China Pacific Laundry Services Ltd.
- Yestrip Co., Ltd.
- Hwa Hsia Co. Ltd. /TW/
- China Airlines Ltd. Employee Stock Ownership Trust Plan
- China Airlines Ltd. (California)
- Cal Park Co. Ltd.
- China Pacific Catering Services Ltd.
- Taiwan Air Cargo Terminal Ltd.
- Cal Hotel Co., Ltd.
- Taoyuan International Airport Services Co. Ltd.
- Science Park Logistics Co. Ltd.
- Dynasty Holidays, Inc.
- Freighter Queen Ltd.
- Freighter Prince Ltd.
- Freighter Princess Ltd.
- Hua Chuan Travel Agency
- CAL-Asia Investment Inc.
- Hsien Chi Information System Co. Ltd.
- Hua Sheng Investment Co. Ltd.
- Hua Hsin Aviation Co. Ltd.
- Cal-Dynasty International, Inc.
- China Airlines Warehouse Co. Ltd.
- Mandarin Airlines Ltd.
- Taiwan Airport Services Co. Ltd.
- China Southern Airlines Company Limited Class H
- Eva Airways Corporation
- Air China Limited Class H
- Cathay Pacific Airways Limited
- Thai Airways International Public Co. Ltd.
- Japan Airlines Co., Ltd.
- China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited Class H
- Qantas Airways Limited
- Singapore Airlines Ltd.
- Korean Air Lines Co., Ltd
- Asiana Airlines Inc.
- ANA Holdings Inc.
- International Consolidated Airlines Group SA
- Air Berlin PLC
- Air Canada
- Air France-KLM SA
- American Airlines Group, Inc.
- LATAM Airlines Group SA
- United Continental Holdings, Inc.
- Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA
- Turk Hava Yollari A.O.
- United Parcel Service, Inc. Class B
- Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha
- Deutsche Lufthansa AG
- Aeroflot-Russian Airlines PJSC
- Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Deutsche Post AG
- easyJet plc
- FedEx Corporation
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 17 Aug, 2018