China Mobile Ltd.
- 66.80 HKD
Hong KongSep 18, 2019
Market cap (HKD)1,345.23B
Market cap (USD)171,830.46M
In the news
- 5G phones debut in China to a shrug amid lack of networks Sep 18, 2019
- Asian stocks fall as trade war uncertainty weighs Sep 10, 2019
- Hong Kong shares flat amid protest, trade uncertainty Sep 10, 2019
- Hong Kong shares flat amid uncertainty over protests Sep 10, 2019
- Sony and Avex tune in to China's music-streaming market Sep 4, 2019 See more articles on China Mobile Ltd.
China Mobile is China's largest telecommunications company. It commands slightly more than 60% of the domestic mobile phone market, where some 1.3 billion people use handsets.
The company also boasts the largest number of subscribers in the world. Backed by its strong brand power and excellent name recognition, China Mobile far eclipses such rivals as China Telecom and China Unicom in scale.
Its parent company is state-owned behemoth China Mobile Communications Corp., which was created in 2000 by spinning off the mobile telecommunications division of the former posts and telecommunications ministry. China Mobile, a core unit of CMCC, is listed on the domestic stock market. Slightly more than 70% of its outstanding shares are owned by the asset-management arm of CMCC.
Because it is a large state-owned company, China Mobile acts in step with government policy. In late 2013, it was the first company in China to introduce the TD-LTE fourth-generation mobile communications format, developed mainly by local companies. China Mobile is leading the efforts to promote the standard at home, spending huge sums to set up new base stations and introduce handsets compatible with the 4G service.
An important issue facing China Mobile is how to deal with the expected slowdown in the home market, which is thought to be near saturation. The company is therefore targeting overseas markets, and has invested in a major telecommunications unit of Thai conglomerate Charoen Pokphand Group. China Mobile is trying to promote the TD-LTE format abroad by allying with local telecommunications equipment makers.
|Income before tax||182,281.53M||23,257.47M|
|Dividends Per Share||3.21||0.41|
|Operating cash flow||258,815.01M||33,022.45M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||179,368.14M||177,293.11M||168,792.07M||170,814.83M||182,281.53M|
|Dividends Per Share||2.92||2.72||2.73||3.20||3.21|
|Operating cash flow||293,170.67M||312,261.79M||314,625.89M||301,322.36M||258,815.01M|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||23,130.30M||22,868.93M||21,744.67M||21,919.52M||23,257.47M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.37||0.35||0.35||0.41||0.41|
|Operating cash flow||37,805.63M||40,278.47M||40,531.74M||38,666.68M||33,022.45M|
- Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director: Yue Li
- Chief Financial Officer, Executive Director & VP: Xin Dong
- Secretary: Wai Lan Wong
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission (72.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (0.9%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (0.7%)
- The Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec (0.3%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (0.3%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd. (0.2%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd. (0.2%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd. (0.2%)
- Thornburg Investment Management, Inc. (0.2%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.2%)
- Address: 60th Floor, The Center, 99 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.3121.8888
- China Mobile International (UK) Ltd.
- China Mobile Communications Group Fujian Co., Ltd.
- China Mobile International (USA), Inc.
- China Mobile International Ltd. (Hong Kong)
- China Mobile International Holdings Ltd.
- Jiangxi Mobile Communications Co., Ltd.
- Guizhou Mobile Communication Co., Ltd.
- China Mobile Communications Group Hebei Co. (Xingtai Branch)
- China Mobile Communications Group Hebei Co., (Chengde Branch)
- China Mobile Communications Group Jiangxi (Ganzhou Branch)
- China Mobile Group Terminal Co., Ltd.
- China Mobile Communications Group Jiangxi (Jiujiang Branch)
- China Mobile Communications Group Jiangxi /Nanchang Branch/
- China Mobile Group Fujian Co., Ltd. (Xiamen Branch)
- China Mobile Group Fujian Co., Ltd. (Quanzhou Branch)
- China Mobile Internet Co. Ltd.
- CM TieTong
- MIGU Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile Online Service Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile (Hangzhou) Information Technology Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile (Suzhou) Software Technology Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile M2m Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile Group Device Co., Ltd.
- Aspire Technologies (Shenzhen) Ltd.
- Aspire (BVI) Ltd.
- China Mobile Holding Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile Group Ningxia Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile Group Xizang Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile Group Guizhou Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile Communication Group Chongqing Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited
- China Telecom Corp. Ltd. Class H
- GDS Holdings Ltd. Sponsored ADR Class A
- Skyworth Digital Co., Ltd. Class A
- VEON Ltd. Sponsored ADR
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 18 Sep, 2019