China Mobile Ltd.
In the news
- China bets on $2tn high-tech infrastructure plan to spark economy Jun 1, 2020
- Coronavirus helps China pull ahead in the 5G race May 6, 2020
- Earnings hit stings China's iFlytek in wake of US blacklisting Apr 22, 2020
- Full disclosure by Chinese companies tested by coronavirus crisis Apr 2, 2020
- Chinese state-owned telcos remain reluctant on big 5G investments Mar 25, 2020 See more articles on China Mobile Ltd.
China Mobile is China's largest telecommunications company. It commands slightly more than 60% of the domestic mobile phone market, where some 1.3 billion people use handsets.
The company also boasts the largest number of subscribers in the world. Backed by its strong brand power and excellent name recognition, China Mobile far eclipses such rivals as China Telecom and China Unicom in scale.
Its parent company is state-owned behemoth China Mobile Communications Corp., which was created in 2000 by spinning off the mobile telecommunications division of the former posts and telecommunications ministry. China Mobile, a core unit of CMCC, is listed on the domestic stock market. Slightly more than 70% of its outstanding shares are owned by the asset-management arm of CMCC.
Because it is a large state-owned company, China Mobile acts in step with government policy. In late 2013, it was the first company in China to introduce the TD-LTE fourth-generation mobile communications format, developed mainly by local companies. China Mobile is leading the efforts to promote the standard at home, spending huge sums to set up new base stations and introduce handsets compatible with the 4G service.
An important issue facing China Mobile is how to deal with the expected slowdown in the home market, which is thought to be near saturation. The company is therefore targeting overseas markets, and has invested in a major telecommunications unit of Thai conglomerate Charoen Pokphand Group. China Mobile is trying to promote the TD-LTE format abroad by allying with local telecommunications equipment makers.
|Income before tax||146,833.11M||18,740.19M|
|Dividends Per Share||3.25||0.41|
|Operating cash flow||296,239.08M||37,808.75M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019|
|Income before tax||177,293.11M||168,792.07M||170,814.83M||182,281.53M||146,833.11M|
|Dividends Per Share||2.72||2.73||3.20||3.21||3.25|
|Operating cash flow||312,261.79M||314,625.89M||301,322.36M||258,815.01M||296,239.08M|
|Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019|
|Income before tax||22,868.93M||21,744.67M||21,919.52M||23,257.47M||18,740.19M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.35||0.35||0.41||0.41||0.41|
|Operating cash flow||40,278.47M||40,531.74M||38,666.68M||33,022.45M||37,808.75M|
- Chief Financial Officer, Executive Director & VP: Xin Dong
- Vice President: Tong Qing Gao
- Vice President: Qin Jian
- Vice President: Dachun Zhao
- Head-Investor Relations: Calvin Lam
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission (72.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (0.9%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (0.6%)
- The Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec (0.3%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (0.3%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.3%)
- Thornburg Investment Management, Inc. (0.3%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd. (0.3%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd. (0.3%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd. (0.2%)
- Address: 60th Floor, The Center, 99 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.3121.8888
- China Mobile Communications Group Gansu Co., Ltd.
- China Mobile Group Guangzhou Co., Ltd.
- China Mobile International (UK) Ltd.
- China Mobile Communications Group Fujian Co., Ltd.
- China Mobile International (USA), Inc.
- China Mobile Investment Holdings Co., Ltd.
- China Mobile International Ltd. (Hong Kong)
- China Mobile International Holdings Ltd.
- Jiangxi Mobile Communications Co., Ltd.
- Guizhou Mobile Communication Co., Ltd.
- China Mobile Communications Group Hebei Co. (Xingtai Branch)
- China Mobile Communications Group Hebei Co., (Chengde Branch)
- China Mobile Communications Group Jiangxi (Ganzhou Branch)
- China Mobile Group Terminal Co., Ltd.
- China Mobile Communications Group Jiangxi (Jiujiang Branch)
- China Mobile Communications Group Jiangxi /Nanchang Branch/
- China Mobile Group Fujian Co., Ltd. (Xiamen Branch)
- China Mobile Group Fujian Co., Ltd. (Quanzhou Branch)
- China Mobile Internet Co. Ltd.
- CM TieTong
- MIGU Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile Online Service Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile (Hangzhou) Information Technology Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile (Suzhou) Software Technology Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile M2m Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile Group Device Co., Ltd.
- Aspire Technologies (Shenzhen) Ltd.
- Aspire (BVI) Ltd.
- China Mobile Holding Co. Ltd.
- China Mobile Group Ningxia Co. Ltd.
- China Telecom Corp. Ltd. Class H
- GDS Holdings Ltd. Sponsored ADR Class A
- Shanghai AtHub Co., Ltd. Class A
- Skyworth Digital Co., Ltd. Class A
- VEON Ltd.
Copyright © 2020 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 6 Jul, 2020