China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd.
In the news
- Asian stocks edge higher after $2tn US stimulus bill advances Mar 26, 2020
- Hong Kong stocks halt US stimulus-driven advances Mar 26, 2020
- Asian stocks plunge as US, Europe report more coronavirus cases Mar 6, 2020
- Hong Kong shares skid as coronavirus fears grip market Mar 6, 2020
- Asian stocks recover tracking gains in US equities Feb 11, 2020 See more articles on China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd.
China Overseas Land & Investment is a major state-owned real estate company that mainly develops, markets and administers condominiums and other properties in mainland China under the name of China Overseas Property . It is a core unit of China State Construction Engineering. China Overseas Land & Investment operates mainly in 48 cities, including Beijing and Shanghai. The company has been developing shopping centers in recent years while the real estate business has contracted amid China's economic slowdown.
Shortly after it was founded, the company mainly handled government-related projects, such as constructing army hospital or foreign ministry building. As the Chinese economy later grew and the housing supply tightened, the company began building condominiums and other collective homes for nongovernment workers.
For a long time, China Overseas Land & Investment concentrated on housing, but it later embarked on the development of shopping centers as Chinese consumers' purchasing power grew. It opened an 80,000-sq.-meter commercial facility in Shenyang, Liaoning Province in May 2014, and aims to set up similar complexes in Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, and Zhuhai, Guangdong Province, within a few years.
The company also operates in Hong Kong and Macau, but has almost no presence in foreign markets. It bought in 2012 an office building in London for 200 million pounds ($301 million at current rate), but has made no other significant investments abroad. With the glut of housing in China, the company may have to begin expanding its activities abroad.
|Income before tax||71,642.32M||9,217.01M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.21||0.15|
|Operating cash flow||16,968.43M||2,183.04M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||63,419.29M||72,568.40M||69,832.13M||72,306.85M||71,642.32M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.80||0.90||1.02||1.18||1.21|
|Operating cash flow||-45,010.69M||-14,654.55M||4,691.48M||5,877.21M||16,968.43M|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||8,138.17M||9,259.07M||8,912.61M||9,322.70M||9,217.01M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.10||0.11||0.13||0.15||0.15|
|Operating cash flow||-5,775.92M||-1,869.78M||598.76M||757.76M||2,183.04M|
- Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director: Zhi Chao Zhang
- Vice Chairman, COO, Chief Architect & EVP: Liang Luo
- Chief Financial Officer: Sai Kit Lui
- Executive Director & Vice President: Guanghui Guo
- Vice President: Guo Xin Ouyang
- China State Construction Engineering Corp. Ltd. (56.0%)
- CITIC Ltd. (10.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.3%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (0.9%)
- JPMorgan Asset Management (Asia Pacific) Ltd. (0.6%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.5%)
- T. Rowe Price International Ltd. (0.5%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (0.5%)
- Vontobel Asset Management AG (0.4%)
- UBS Asset Management (Hong Kong) Ltd. (0.4%)
- Address: 10th Floor, Three Pacific Place, 1 Queen's Road East, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.2988.0666
- Windy Summer Ltd.
- Create Windy Summer Ltd.
- Zhengzhou Haijia Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- Zhengzhou Haiying Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- Qingdao Bolai Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Urumqi Haixinzhan Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Dalian Huigang Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Xi'an Zhonghai Changxing Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Dalian Dingtai Jincheng Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Dalian CITIC Seaport Investment Co., Ltd.
- Beijing CITIC Xincheng Yihai Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Cathay Hotel Co., Ltd.
- Beijing CITIC New Town Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Shijiazhuang Zhonghai Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang China Overseas Property Co., Ltd.
- Zhengzhou Haixu Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- China Overseas Property (Wuxi) Co., Ltd.
- Wuxi Zhonghai Taihu New City Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Fuzhou China Overseas Property Co., Ltd.
- Taiyuan Zhonghai Zhongxing Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- Harbin Zhonghai Longxiang Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- Harbin China Overseas Property Co., Ltd.
- Jinan Zhonghaicheng Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Zhonghai Haizhi Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Lijing Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Lixu Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Lijun Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- Haichuang Jiaye ( Yantai ) Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Haichuang Fuye (Yantai) Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Yantai China Overseas Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Xinyuan Real Estate Co. Ltd. Sponsored ADR
Copyright © 2022 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 12 Aug, 2022
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.