Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp.
- 7.63 HKD
ChinaApr 20, 2018
Market cap (HKD)1,005.59B
Market cap (USD)128,165M
In the news
- Energy producers fuel Hong Kong stock market Apr 19, 2018
- Saudi Aramco to invest in $44bn Indian refinery Apr 12, 2018
- Nikkei Asia300 Index edges higher as crude oil producers advance Apr 6, 2018
- CITIC chief confirms talks to buy assets of troubled CEFC Mar 29, 2018
- Tech stocks push Hong Kong shares lower after Wall Street slide Mar 28, 2018 See more articles on China Petroleum & Chemical Corp.
China Petroleum & Chemical (Sinopec) is a core subsidiary of China Petrochemical, or Sinopec Group. The parent falls under the purview of China's State Council.
Sinopec is one of the world's largest oil companies. It dominates the domestic oil and gas business alongside state-owned PetroChina. It develops resources in addition to making petroleum and petrochemical products.
Sinopec Group was founded as a general oil company in 1998, on the basis of the former China Petrochemical Corporation. The parent incorporated Sinopec in 2000; the unit listed on the Hong Kong, London and New York bourses the same year. Sinopec Group controls 70% of the subsidiary's outstanding shares.
The company is China's biggest retailer of gasoline, with 30,000 stations across the country. Sinopec enjoys a robust operating base that is protected by government regulations. Sinopec alone accounts for 60-70% of China's crude oil imports.
To meet China's huge demand for energy, Sinopec actively pursued resource concessions abroad. Under President Xi Jinping, however, it has eased up on such spending. The government is looking to guide the economy onto a slower but more stable growth trajectory.
The company is now focusing on shale gas development in China.
At the same time, it is accelerating management reforms. Privatizing gas stations is one initiative. Yet Sinopec's profitability is far lower than major rivals in the U.S. and Europe, suggesting inefficiencies remain.
In a country grappling with severe air pollution, critics say Sinopec could and should do more to protect the environment.
|Income before tax||80,771.43M||10,364.85M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.61||0.07|
|Operating cash flow||229,972.80M||29,510.86M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||119,387.55M||79,099.83M||58,875.26M||82,456.46M||80,771.43M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.30||0.25||0.18||0.28||0.61|
|Operating cash flow||183,032.40M||189,608.79M||208,629.68M||255,382.40M||229,972.80M|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||15,391.65M||10,200.26M||7,594.28M||10,622.46M||10,364.85M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.03||0.03||0.02||0.03||0.07|
|Operating cash flow||23,596.86M||24,450.87M||26,911.02M||32,899.68M||29,510.86M|
- Chairman & President: Hou Liang Dai
- Chief Financial Officer: De Hua Wang
- Senior Vice President: Yi Qun Ling
- Executive Director & Senior Vice President: Fang Zheng Jiao
- Executive Director & Senior Vice President: Yong Sheng Ma
- Schroder Investment Management Ltd. (5.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (4.4%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd. (4.4%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (3.3%)
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission (2.8%)
- Schroder Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd. (1.9%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd. (1.6%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd. (1.3%)
- Thornburg Investment Management, Inc. (1.2%)
- APG Asset Management NV (1.2%)
- Address: 22 Chaoyangmen North Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100728, China
- Phone: +86.10.59960028
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. /Arg Petroleum Assets/
- Sinopec Shanxi Datong Petrol
- Sinopec Argentina SA
- SINOPEC Inner Mongolian Oil Products Co.
- Sinopec Jiujiang Petrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Sinopec KTS Development Ltd.
- SINOPEC Shanghai Offshore Petroleum Co.
- SINOPEC Tianjin Co.
- SINOPEC Beijing Oil Products Co.
- Sinopec Oil & Gas Australia (Puffin) Pty Ltd.
- Sinopec International Petroleum Services Kenya Ltd.
- Gaoqiao Petrochemical Co. Ltd.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. /Guangdong Pete Branch/
- China Shengli Oilfield Longxi Petroleum Eng Co., Ltd.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. /East China Branch/
- China Petroleum & Chemical Sales Co., Ltd.
- China Petrochemical Refining Sales Co., Ltd.
- SINOPEC Ningxia Oil Products Co.,
- Addax Petroleum UK Ltd.
- Sinopec Great Wall Energy & Chemical (Ningxia) Co., Ltd.
- Nanjing Chemical Industry Park Co., Ltd.
- Sinopec Marketing Co., Ltd.
- Sinopec Sichuan Petroleum Co.
- Sinopec Shengli Oilfield Construction Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Addax Petroleum International Ltd.
- Sinopec Group Nanjing Chemical Industries Co. Ltd.
- Sinopec Chemical Sales Co., Ltd.
- Sinopec Group Anhui Petroleum General Co.
- Shengli Oil Field Dongsheng Precision Petroleum Dev Co., Ltd.
- Qingdao Petroleum Co.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- PetroChina Company Limited Class H
- Public Joint-Stock Company Gazprom
- BASF SE
- SK Innovation Co., Ltd
- Thai Oil Public Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Albemarle Corporation
- UBE Industries, Ltd.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- AdvanSix, Inc.
- CNOOC Limited
- Yueyang Xingchang Petro-Chemical Co., Ltd. Class A
- W. R. Grace & Co.
- Taiwan Prosperity Chemical Corporation
- Trinseo SA
- Cefc Anhui International Holding Co Ltd Class A
- Fuchs Petrolub SE Pref
- Shanxi Guoxin Energy Corporation Limited. Class B
- Valvoline Inc.
- ADES International Holding Ltd.
- Birchcliff Energy Ltd.
- Blackbird Energy Inc.
- Hubei Guochuang Hi-Tech Material Co ltd Class A
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 20 Apr, 2018