China Petroleum & Chemical Corp.
In the news
- Beijing taps outsiders to lead Sinopec and State Grid Jan 18, 2020
- Asian stocks flat as US removes China's currency manipulator tag Jan 14, 2020
- CNOOC boosts output targets as China seeks energy security Jan 13, 2020
- Japan gas operators sell surplus LNG to China in dribs and drabs Jan 10, 2020
- Asian equities slump as US-Iran crisis deepens Jan 6, 2020 See more articles on China Petroleum & Chemical Corp.
China Petroleum & Chemical (Sinopec) is a core subsidiary of China Petrochemical, or Sinopec Group. The parent falls under the purview of China's State Council.
Sinopec is one of the world's largest oil companies. It dominates the domestic oil and gas business alongside state-owned PetroChina. It develops resources in addition to making petroleum and petrochemical products.
Sinopec Group was founded as a general oil company in 1998, on the basis of the former China Petrochemical Corporation. The parent incorporated Sinopec in 2000; the unit listed on the Hong Kong, London and New York bourses the same year. Sinopec Group controls 70% of the subsidiary's outstanding shares.
The company is China's biggest retailer of gasoline, with 30,000 stations across the country. Sinopec enjoys a robust operating base that is protected by government regulations. Sinopec alone accounts for 60-70% of China's crude oil imports.
To meet China's huge demand for energy, Sinopec actively pursued resource concessions abroad. Under President Xi Jinping, however, it has eased up on such spending. The government is looking to guide the economy onto a slower but more stable growth trajectory.
The company is now focusing on shale gas development in China.
At the same time, it is accelerating management reforms. Privatizing gas stations is one initiative. Yet Sinopec's profitability is far lower than major rivals in the U.S. and Europe, suggesting inefficiencies remain.
In a country grappling with severe air pollution, critics say Sinopec could and should do more to protect the environment.
|Income before tax||100,839.66M||12,866.23M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.47||0.06|
|Operating cash flow||220,798.78M||28,171.93M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||77,870.25M||59,267.51M||82,776.60M||80,914.41M||100,839.66M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.25||0.18||0.28||0.61||0.47|
|Operating cash flow||179,326.60M||201,331.18M||249,965.61M||227,821.14M||220,798.78M|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||10,041.70M||7,644.88M||10,663.71M||10,383.20M||12,866.23M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.03||0.02||0.03||0.07||0.06|
|Operating cash flow||23,124.94M||25,969.59M||32,201.86M||29,234.76M||28,171.93M|
- Chairman, President & General Manager: Yong Sheng Ma
- Chief Financial Officer: Donghua Shou
- Executive Director & Senior Vice President: Yi Qun Ling
- Senior Vice President: Dian Wu Lei
- Secretary & Vice President: Wen Sheng Huang
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management) (7.8%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (4.7%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (3.8%)
- Schroder Investment Management Ltd. (3.7%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co. LLC (2.8%)
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission (2.8%)
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd. (1.6%)
- FIL Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd. (1.4%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd. (1.4%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd. (1.4%)
- Address: 22 Chaoyangmen North Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100728, China
- Phone: +86.10.59960114
- Sinopec Capital Co., Ltd.
- Sinopec Beihai Refining & Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Sinopec Shanghai SECCO Petrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Sinopec-SK(Wuhan) Petrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Sinopec Shanghai Gaoqiao Petroleum & Chemical Ltd.
- Sinopec Chemical Commercial Holding (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
- Sinopec Refinery Sales (Fujian) Co., Ltd.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. (Jiujiang Branch)
- SINOPEC Fujian Refining & Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Sinopec Geophysical Research Institute
- SINOPEC Research Institute of Petroleum Engineering
- SINOPEC Qingdao Safety Engineering Institute
- SINOPEC Shanghai Research Institute of Petrochemical Technolog
- SINOPEC Fushun Research Institute of Petroleum & Petrochemic
- Sinopec Gansu Oil Products Co.
- Sinopec Qinghai Oil Products Co.
- Sinopec Heilongjiang Oil Products Co.
- SINOPEC Jilin Oil Products Co.
- SINOPEC Xinjiang Oil Products Co.
- Sinopec Shaanxi oil products Co.
- Sinopec Chongqing Petroleum Co.
- SINOPEC Liaoning Oil Products Co.
- SINOPEC Guizhou Oil Products Co.
- SINOPEC Guangxi Oil Products Co.
- SINOPEC Hunan Oil Products Co.
- SINOPEC Hubei Oil Products Co.
- SINOPEC Henan Oil Products Co.
- SINOPEC Jiangxi Oil Products Co.
- SINOPEC Fujian Oil Products Co.
- SINOPEC Zhejiang Oil Products Co.
- PetroChina Company Limited Class H
- BASF SE
- Dow, Inc.
- Petroleo Brasileiro SA Pfd
- SK Innovation Co., Ltd
- Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Braskem S.A. Pfd A
- AdvanSix, Inc.
- Albemarle Corporation
- Sinochem International Corporation Class A
- CNOOC Limited
- W R Grace & Co
- Qingdao Copton Technology Co., Ltd. Class A
- Taiwan Prosperity Chemical Corporation
- Trinseo SA
- Taiwan Fertilizer Co., Ltd.
- Vista Oil & Gas SA de CV Class A
- InterOil Exploration and Production ASA
- Fuchs Petrolub SE Pref
- Serica Energy PLC
- Crescent Point Energy Corp.
- Tidewater Midstream & Infrastructure Ltd.
- Valvoline Inc.
- ADES International Holding Plc
- Blue Energy Limited
- Central Petroleum Limited
- Fuwei Films (Holdings) Co., Ltd.
Copyright © 2020 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 24 Jan, 2020