China Railway Construction Corp. Ltd.
In the news
- Asian stocks rise as China manufacturing unexpectedly expands in March Mar 31, 2020
- Hong Kong shares up after China factory activity expands Mar 31, 2020
- Asian stocks advance as Fed cuts rate to mitigate virus impact Mar 4, 2020
- Hong Kong shares slip as Fed rate cut fails to cheer Mar 4, 2020
- Hong Kong shares edge up after surprise Fed rate cut Mar 4, 2020 See more articles on China Railway Construction Corp. Ltd.
China Railway Construction (CRCC) is China's state-owned railway constructor. Its business operations are growing rapidly as it expands to Southeast Asia, Africa, South America and Eastern Europe. It is often ranked among the world's top general contractors.
As the successor of the Railway Corps of the People's Liberation Army, CRCC has developed railway infrastructure under the Ministry of Railways. It changed into its current form in 2007 following state-owned company reforms. Its government-controlled parent company still has 60% of outstanding shares.
CRCC builds railways as well as hydropower plants, airports and housing. It holds a 90% share in the domestic railway maintenance facilities. It is currently focusing on winning more contracts for building subways and high-speed railways overseas. It is aiming to expand its infrastructure exports, including railway design, construction, rail car manufacturing and railway traffic control systems.
As a state-owned company, its business is susceptible to Communist Party policies. Its overseas strategy is basically the same as Beijing's foreign policy. While CRCC can benefit from the government's infrastructure export policy, many developed countries argue it has problems in ensuring transparency in management and safety.
|Income before tax||39,026.73M||5,020.91M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.28||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||-9,845.86M||-1,266.70M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||24,186.05M||28,246.94M||29,062.47M||33,545.70M||39,026.73M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.22||0.23||0.22||0.27||0.28|
|Operating cash flow||29,803.59M||1,937.91M||48,050.28M||46,975.40M||-9,845.86M|
|Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020||Dec 2021|
|Income before tax||3,103.63M||3,604.05M||3,709.21M||4,325.13M||5,020.91M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.02||0.03||0.02||0.03||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||3,824.49M||247.26M||6,132.61M||6,056.65M||-1,266.70M|
- President & Executive Director: Shang Biao Zhuang
- Chief Financial Officer & Chief Accountant: Xiuming Wang
- Vice President: Cheng Jun Liu
- Security Affairs Representative: Hua Gang Xie
- Joint Secretary: Jing Jing
- UBS Asset Management (Hong Kong) Ltd. (4.5%)
- Value Partners Ltd. (2.4%)
- Essence Fund Co., Ltd. (1.5%)
- UBS Asset Management Switzerland AG (1.3%)
- Zhongtai Securities Shanghai Assets Management Co., Ltd. (0.7%)
- Artemis Investment Management LLP (0.4%)
- Harvest Fund Management Co., Ltd. (0.2%)
- Fullgoal Fund Management Co., Ltd. (0.1%)
- BEA Union Investment Management Ltd. (0.1%)
- Orient Securities Asset Management Co. Ltd. (0.1%)
- Address: East, No. 40 Fuxing Road, Haidian District, Beijing, 100855, China
- Phone: +86.10.52688600
- Kunming Metro Line 5 Construction & Operation Co., Ltd.
- CRCC Ningxia Highway Co., Ltd.
- CRCC Hean Ltd.
- Anhui Zhongjing Real Estate Corp. Ltd.
- China Railway 12th Bureau Group 2nd Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Construction Bridge Engineering Bureau Group 2nd
- CRCC Investment Funds Management Co., Ltd.
- CRCC Yellow River Investment & Construction Co., Ltd.
- CRCC North Investment & Construction Co., Ltd.
- CRCC Development Group Co., Ltd.
- CRCC East Investment & Construction Co., Ltd.
- CRCC Cyber Informational Technology Co., Ltd.
- CRCC Urban Investment & Construction Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Construction Property Management Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Construction Kunlun Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Construction Commercial Factoring Co., Ltd.
- China Railway 17th Bureau Group 2nd Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Railway 12th Bureau Group 3rd Engineering Co., Ltd.
- CRCC Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Construction Finance Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Tiefa Suiyu Expressway Co., Ltd.
- CRCC Chengan Ltd.
- China Railway Wuju Group the First Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Railway 16th Bureau Group No. 3 Engineering Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Fifth Survey & Design Institute Group Co
- Beijing CRCC Tianrui Machinery Equipment Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Fourth Survey & Design Institute Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway First Survey & Design Institute Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Maglev Transportation Investment Construction Co
- China Railway Shanghai Design Institute Group Co., Ltd.
- Jinxi Axle Company Limited Class A
- Beijing Tieke Shougang Railway-Tech Co., Ltd. Class A
- Gem-Year Industrial Co., Ltd. Class A
- Xiangtan Electric Manufacturing Co., Ltd. Class A
- Luminex Resources Corp.
Copyright © 2023 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 2 Feb, 2023
Discover the all new Nikkei Asia app
- Take your reading anywhere with offline reading functions
- Never miss a story with breaking news alerts
- Customize your reading experience
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.