China Railway Group Ltd.
- 5.71 HKD
ChinaMay 23, 2019
Market cap (HKD)160,205.14M
Market cap (USD)20,408.55M
In the news
- Turkey jockeys with China for influence in Africa May 12, 2018
- Easing Korea tensions lift Nikkei Asia300 Index Apr 30, 2018
- Upbeat earnings push Hong Kong shares higher Apr 30, 2018
- Earnings gains and Korea optimism spur Hong Kong shares Apr 30, 2018
- Hong Kong shares decline to one-week low Apr 16, 2018 See more articles on China Railway Group Ltd.
China Railway Group is a leading infrastructure builder owned by the Chinese government. It is the biggest construction company in Asia by revenue and one of the largest in the world in terms of business scale. Its core business is constructing railway infrastructure. China Railway is promoting the development of high-speed railways and urban transit systems at home and abroad. It is rapidly expanding by diversifying into such areas as expressway and bridge construction, and property development.
China Railway traces its roots back to the Ministry of Railways' General Bureau of Capital Construction, established in 1950. In 1989, China Railway Engineering Corp., the parent of China Railway, was founded. CREC became a state-owned enterprise under the State Council's direct supervision in 2003. China Railway went public in 2007 after a reorganization that saw it become CREC's core unit.
China Railway has built two-thirds of the total length of railways across China. Based on the expertise it has accumulated at home, the company is looking to boost infrastructure exports as a core player in the "One Belt, One Road," or "New Silk Road," initiative promoted by the administration of President Xi Jinping. In particular, the company plans to accelerate exports of railway infrastructure -- from rails to traffic control systems to rolling stock -- in collaboration with such concerns as CRRC, a state-owned manufacturer.
By 2020, China Railway plans to double its ratio of overseas sales to 10%. The company hopes to increase orders from Southeast Asian and other nations, takin
|Income before tax||24,985.93M||3,187.97M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.14||0.01|
|Operating cash flow||17,234.15M||2,198.92M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||18,946.35M||19,807.61M||19,793.26M||20,768.16M||24,985.93M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.09||0.10||0.10||0.13||0.14|
|Operating cash flow||26,670.19M||40,150.84M||65,815.93M||39,682.90M||17,234.15M|
|Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018|
|Income before tax||2,443.21M||2,554.97M||2,549.87M||2,665.03M||3,187.97M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.01||0.01||0.01||0.01||0.01|
|Operating cash flow||3,439.23M||5,179.03M||8,478.75M||5,092.24M||2,198.92M|
- President & Executive Director: Zong Yan Zhang
- Chief Financial Officer: Liang Yang
- Chief Engineer & Vice President: Hui Liu
- Member-Supervisory Board & Head-Supervision: Hong Guang Wang
- Member-Supervisory Board & Head-Audit Department: Jing Hua Fan
- National Council for Social Security Fund (7.9%)
- Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc. (Investment Portfolio) (4.9%)
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission (3.9%)
- China Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.6%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (2.9%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (2.8%)
- Yinhua Fund Management Co., Ltd. (2.1%)
- BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Ltd. (1.0%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.9%)
- Huatai-PineBridge Fund Management Co., Ltd. (0.8%)
- Address: Block A, China Railway Square, No.69, Fuxing Road, Beijing, 100039, China
- China Railway Engineering Corp. (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- China Railway Capital Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Finance Co., Ltd.
- China Railway (Shanghai) Investment Co., Ltd.
- China Railway City Development & Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Development & Investment Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Guangzhou Engineering Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Shanghai Engineering Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Beijing Engineering Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Erju Engineering Co. , Ltd.
- China Railway Electrification Engineering Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway No 9 Engineering Group Co. , Ltd.
- China Railway No.7 Engineering Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway No.6 Engineering Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Material Trade Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Liuyuan Group Co., Ltd.
- Yunnan Longrun Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Engineering Consulting Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Bureau Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Xunjie Co. Ltd.
- CREC Ruilong Logistics Co. Ltd.
- China Railway Port & Channel Engineering Group Co. Ltd.
- China Railway Engineering Design Institute Co. Ltd.
- China Railway International Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway International Trading (HK) Ltd.
- China Railway Communications Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Resources Huitung Ltd.
- Inner Mongolia Guobai Railway Co. Ltd.
- China Railway No. 8 Engineering Group Co., Ltd.
- Chengdu Road & Bridge Engineering Co., Ltd. Class A
- Arcadis NV
Copyright © 2019 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 23 May, 2019