China Railway Group Ltd.
In the news
- Vietnam's China-built metro line falls 2 years behind schedule Jul 20, 2020
- Asian stocks rise as China manufacturing unexpectedly expands in March Mar 31, 2020
- Hong Kong shares up after China factory activity expands Mar 31, 2020
- Hong Kong shares jump on US rally, China policy support hope Dec 27, 2019
- Asian stocks rise amid monetary policy easing bets Oct 24, 2019 See more articles on China Railway Group Ltd.
China Railway Group is a leading infrastructure builder owned by the Chinese government. It is the biggest construction company in Asia by revenue and one of the largest in the world in terms of business scale. Its core business is constructing railway infrastructure. China Railway is promoting the development of high-speed railways and urban transit systems at home and abroad. It is rapidly expanding by diversifying into such areas as expressway and bridge construction, and property development.
China Railway traces its roots back to the Ministry of Railways' General Bureau of Capital Construction, established in 1950. In 1989, China Railway Engineering Corp., the parent of China Railway, was founded. CREC became a state-owned enterprise under the State Council's direct supervision in 2003. China Railway went public in 2007 after a reorganization that saw it become CREC's core unit.
China Railway has built two-thirds of the total length of railways across China. Based on the expertise it has accumulated at home, the company is looking to boost infrastructure exports as a core player in the "One Belt, One Road," or "New Silk Road," initiative promoted by the administration of President Xi Jinping. In particular, the company plans to accelerate exports of railway infrastructure -- from rails to traffic control systems to rolling stock -- in collaboration with such concerns as CRRC, a state-owned manufacturer.
By 2020, China Railway plans to double its ratio of overseas sales to 10%. The company hopes to increase orders from Southeast Asian and other nations, takin
|Income before tax||37,550.46M||4,841.47M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.18||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||36,211.01M||4,668.77M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||21,078.26M||22,249.96M||27,632.12M||34,841.85M||37,550.46M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.10||0.13||0.14||0.18||0.18|
|Operating cash flow||55,829.37M||36,745.42M||8,696.26M||19,904.76M||36,211.01M|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||2,715.41M||2,855.18M||3,525.60M||4,446.83M||4,841.47M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.01||0.01||0.01||0.02||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||7,192.22M||4,715.29M||1,109.56M||2,540.42M||4,668.77M|
- President & Executive Director: Wen Jian Chen
- Board Secretary & Joint Secretary: Wen He
- Chief Economist: Jiang Qian Ma
- Chief Engineer: Dun Kong
- Chief Accountant: Cui Sun
- National Council for Social Security Fund (6.0%)
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission (3.9%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (3.0%)
- UBS Asset Management (Hong Kong) Ltd. (2.5%)
- Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co. LLC (1.7%)
- GF Fund Management Co., Ltd. (1.6%)
- Bosera Asset Management Co., Ltd. (1.4%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.4%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.3%)
- Artemis Investment Management LLP (0.8%)
- Address: Block A, China Railway Square, 69 Fuxing Road, Beijing, 100039, China
- Phone: +86.10.5187.8413
- China Railway Eighth Bureau Group Bridge Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Chengdu-Guiyang Railway Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Cultural & Tourism Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Second Bureau Construction Co., Ltd.
- China Railway South Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Engineering Corp. (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- China Railway Capital Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Finance Co., Ltd.
- China Railway (Shanghai) Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway City Development & Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Development & Investment Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Guangzhou Engineering Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway No. 2 Construction Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Electrification Engineering Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway No. 9 Engineering Group Co. , Ltd.
- China Railway No.7 Engineering Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway No.6 Engineering Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Material Trade Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Liuyuan Group Co., Ltd.
- Yunnan Longrun Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Engineering Consulting Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Bureau Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway Xunjie Co. Ltd.
- CREC Ruilong Logistics Co. Ltd.
- China Railway Port & Channel Engineering Group Co. Ltd.
- China Railway Engineering Design Institute Co. Ltd.
- China Railway International Group Co., Ltd.
- China Railway International Trading (HK) Ltd.
- China Railway Communications Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA
Copyright © 2021 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 14 May, 2021
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.