Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
China Shenhua Energy Co. Ltd.
- 17.80 HKD
ChinaOct 19, 2018
Market cap (HKD)426,736M
Market cap (USD)54,432.60M
In the news
- Mainland Chinese stocks in Hong Kong post biggest fall in 7 weeks Jan 30, 2018
- Nikkei Asia300 Index rises as end of U.S. impasse boosts risk assets Jan 23, 2018
- Hong Kong stock index jumps 1.7%, moving toward 33,000 level Jan 23, 2018
- Hong Kong shares set to extend record run after US rally Jan 23, 2018
- Energy shares drag Hong Kong stocks off record high Jan 17, 2018 See more articles on China Shenhua Energy Co. Ltd.
China Shenhua Energy is a Chinese state-owned coal company, which handles the mining, production and transport of coal as well as power generation. Besides coal mines and power plants, the company also runs railways and ports to transport coal. In size it is one of the largest companies in China, and is one of the world's largest coal firms. Its output and capital investment are widely monitored in and outside China as important indicators of the Chinese economy.
The company was established in 2004, and its parent firm is Shenhua Group, a large enterprise under direct control of the government. The company's actions tend to reflect government policies. The Chinese Communist Party has the power to pick the company's top officials.
Environmental protection is a major challenge facing the company. China relies on coal for 70% of the electricity it generetes, but coal is also a key source of air pollution. Against this backdrop, China Shenhua Energy is under pressure to introduce state-of-the-art power facilities, including ultrasupercritical power generation systems and integrated coal gasification combined cycle systems, so costs will likely increase in the short term. The company must brace itself for lower coal demand, as the Chinese government aims to reduce dependence on coal-fired power generation over the medium and long term.
China Shenhua Energy regards chemicals as a new source of revenue. It is already producing polyethylene and polypropylene. The company aims to complement its coal business, which is vulnerable to price fluctuations, by nurturing a high-end chemicals business.
|Income before tax||80,484.31M||10,328.01M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.12||0.14|
|Operating cash flow||111,875.94M||14,356.29M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||87,276.83M||74,031.73M||40,278.07M||45,169.89M||80,484.31M|
|Dividends Per Share||1.14||0.93||0.37||0.52||1.12|
|Operating cash flow||70,376.11M||86,484.88M||69,451.12M||96,954.19M||111,875.94M|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||11,251.88M||9,546.71M||5,195.44M||5,819.01M||10,328.01M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.14||0.12||0.04||0.06||0.14|
|Operating cash flow||9,073.01M||11,152.60M||8,958.46M||12,490.14M||14,356.29M|
- President: Jiming Zhang
- Chief Financial Officer: Ke Hui Zhang
- Director & Senior Vice President: Dong Li
- Senior Vice President: Jin Li Wang
- Securities Representative: Guang Shui Chen
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (3.4%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (2.7%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd. (1.6%)
- Lazard Asset Management LLC (1.6%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.2%)
- Investec Asset Management Ltd. (1.1%)
- APG Asset Management NV (1.0%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd. (1.0%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd. (0.8%)
- JPMorgan Investment Management, Inc. (0.7%)
- Address: 22 Binhe Road, Andingmen West, Beijing, 100011, China
- Phone: +86.10.5813.3399
- Shenhua Yili Energy Co., Ltd.
- Shenhua Zhonghai Marine Co., Ltd.
- China Shenhua Overseas Development & Investment Co. Ltd.
- Shenhua Zhonghai Shipping Co. Ltd.
- Shenhua Sichuan Energy Co. Ltd.
- Shenhua Hong Kong Ltd.
- Shenhua Hong Kong International Trade Co. Ltd.
- Shenhua Guohua Jiujiang Power Co. Ltd.
- Zhejiang Guohua Zheneng Power Co., Ltd.
- Shenhua Trading Group Ltd.
- Shenhua Bayannoer Energy Co., Ltd.
- Shenhua Shendong Coal Group Co., Ltd.
- Shenhua Group Baotou Mining Co., Ltd.
- Guohua Mengjin Power Generation Co., Ltd.
- Shenhua (Beijing) Remote Sensing & Geo-Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Shenhua Material Trading Co., Ltd.
- Inner Mongolia Guohua Hulunbeier Power Generation Co., Ltd.
- Shenhua Hollysys Information Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shenhua Tianhong Trading Co., Ltd.
- Hulunbeier Shenhua Clean Coal Co., Ltd.
- Shenhua Baorixile Energy Co., Ltd.
- Shenhua Baotou Coal Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Shenhua Guohua International Electric Power Co. Ltd.
- Hebei Guohua Cangdong Power Co. Ltd.
- Guangdong Guohua Yudean Taishan Power Co. Ltd.
- Shenhua International (Hong Kong) Co. Ltd.
- China Shenhua Coal To Liquid & Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Shenhua Finance Co. Ltd.
- China Shenhua Energy Stock Co. Ltd. /Shendong Branch/
- Shenhua Group Zhungeer Energy Co., Ltd.
- PT Bukit Asam Tbk
- Banpu Public Co. Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 19 Oct, 2018