China Shipbuilding Industry Co., Ltd.
In the news
- China's state-backed shipbuilders overcome coronavirus slump Jun 28, 2020
- China's state-owned giants say farewell to Hong Kong listings May 3, 2020
- Mitsubishi Heavy in talks to sell flagship shipyard in Nagasaki Dec 12, 2019
- Japan's biggest shipbuilders team up to rival megamergers Nov 30, 2019
- Mitsui E&S seeks shipbuilding tie-up with Mitsubishi Heavy Nov 12, 2019 See more articles on China Shipbuilding Industry Co., Ltd.
China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC) is China's state-owned shipbuilder. In addition to civilian vessels, such as freight carriers and oil tankers, CSIC also builds submarines and escort vessels, torpedoes and other weapons, as well as conducts offshore drilling. It is one of China's top 10 military companies, helping to research and make about 80% of the Chinese navy's main equipment.
CSIC was spun off from China State Shipbuilding Corporation in July 1999. It has about 150,000 employees, including China's scientific and technological elites and about 40,000 engineers. It has six national research and development centers, and nine national-class laboratories. Its annual shipbuilding capacity is 15 million tons. It exports liquefied natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas carriers to more than 60 countries.
Its subsidiary, Dalian Shipbuilding Industry, refurbished China's first aircraft carrier, the Liaoning, which was bought from Ukraine. Some market watchers say CSIC is preparing to build the country's second domestic aircraft carrier. CSIC is definitely playing a role in China's maritime advances.
Its other subsidiaries include Bohai Shipbuilding Heavy Industry, Wuchang Shipbuilding Industry Group, Shanhaiguan Shipbuilding Industry and Qingdao Beihai Shipbuilding Heavy Industry.
On May 18 2015, CSIC announced that Chairman Hu Wenming, who only assumed the role in March, had resigned. The reason for his resignation is unknown, but it may have been to do with President Xi Jinping's anti-graft campaign.
|Income before tax||-517.33M||-74.95M|
|Dividends Per Share||--||--|
|Operating cash flow||11,685.54M||1,693.00M|
|Currency in CNY||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||973.23M||186.34M||-333.86M||415.79M||-517.33M|
|Dividends Per Share||0||0.01||0.00||0||--|
|Operating cash flow||-2,577.19M||826.44M||1,533.60M||1,445.55M||11,685.54M|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||146.49M||27.57M||-50.45M||60.17M||-74.95M|
|Dividends Per Share||0||0.00||0.00||0||--|
|Operating cash flow||-387.92M||122.28M||231.76M||209.20M||1,693.00M|
- Chairman & General Manager: Liang Wang
- Chief Financial Officer & Deputy General Manager: Zu Hui Yao
- Securities Representative: Jin Wang
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission (62.4%)
- China Cinda Asset Management Co., Ltd. (Investment Company) (4.7%)
- China Securities Finance Corp. Ltd. (2.9%)
- China Structural Reform Fund Corp. Ltd. (2.1%)
- China Orient Asset Management Co. Ltd. (Investment Management) (1.9%)
- China Life Asset Management Co., Ltd. (1.9%)
- China Investment Corp. (Investment Management) (1.4%)
- China Huarong Asset Management Co., Ltd. (Invt Port) (1.1%)
- Guotai Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.7%)
- Fullgoal Fund Management Co., Ltd. (0.6%)
- Address: Building 1, Zhuyu Intl Center, No. 9 Shouti South Road, Beijing, 100044, China
- Phone: +86.10.8850.8596
- Haizhuang Wind Power Co., Ltd.
- Luoyang Shuangruidate Copper Co., Ltd.
- Luoyang Sunrui Anti-Corrosion Engineering Technology Co., Ltd.
- CSIC Shuangrui Technology Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Jiujiang Qisuo Precision Electromechanical Technology Co
- Tianjin Qisuo Precision Mechanical & Electrical Technology
- Tianjin 707 Hi-Tech Co., Ltd.
- CSIC Seven Technology Holdings Co., Ltd.
- China Shipbuilding Industry (Yunnan) Complete Equipment Eng
- China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (Taiyuan) Pingyang
- Xi'an Pingyang Technology Development Co., Ltd.
- Shanxi Pingyang Heavy Industry Coal Machine Fittings Sales
- Nantong Sohen Shipyard Co., Ltd.
- Wuhan Menglong Project Management Co., Ltd.
- Wuhan Baofeng North Project Management Co., Ltd.
- Wuhan Hanyang Avenue Project Management Co., Ltd.
- Hubei Wuchuan Honglu Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
- Wuhan Wuchuan Special Boat Co., Ltd.
- Yichang Jiangxia Ship Equipment Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation Zhongnan Yichang High
- Yichang Zhongnan Precise Steel Tube Co., Ltd.
- Huludao Bochuan Heavy Industry Ship Design & Research Co
- Qinhuangdao Shanchuan Heavy Industry Construction & Installati
- Qinhuangdao Shanchuan Heavy Industry Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Construction Engineer Co., Ltd.
- Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Group Engineering Services Ltd.
- Dalian Xinchuan Heavy Industry Marine Fitting Equipment Co
- Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Group Steel Structure Manufacturi
- Chongqing Hongjiang Machinery Co., Ltd.
- CSSC Hongjiang Machinery Changzhou Co., Ltd.
- China Shipbuilding Industry Group Power Co., Ltd. Class A
Copyright © 2021 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 17 Sep, 2021
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.