China Unicom (Hong Kong) Ltd.
In the news
- WWII anniversary, SoftBank results, Jokowi's state of the union Aug 9, 2020
- Full disclosure by Chinese companies tested by coronavirus crisis Apr 2, 2020
- Asian stocks surge after US Fed unveils more stimulus Mar 24, 2020
- Hong Kong shares bounce after further easing by Fed Mar 24, 2020
- Hong Kong shares rise after Fed unleashes more easing Mar 24, 2020 See more articles on China Unicom (Hong Kong) Ltd.
China Unicom (Hong Kong) is one of China's top three telecommunications companies. Its parent company, state-owned China United Network Communications Group, was established in 1994 and is supervised by the State-Owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission. China Unicom took over core assets of its parent company and listed on the stock market.
China Unicom entered the mobile phone business in 2002. In 2009, it became the first company in China to introduce 3G (third-generation) mobile services and has since spearheaded efforts to spread the service by building base telecommunications stations and other related infrastructure throughout China.
Of China's total 1.3 billion mobile phone users, a little more than 20% subscribe to China Unicom's service, giving it the second-largest market share after China Mobile. China Unicom has also become a major player in the global telecommunications market and aims to expand its business in other Asian countries and in Africa.
The Chinese government is currently promoting 4G mobile services. China Unicom is building infrastructure compatible with the FDD-LTE mobile standard, as is China Telecom. China Unicom is trying to differentiate its service from those of its rivals by combining its existing 3G service with a proprietary high-speed data communication service.
China United Network Communications Group is China Unicom's leading shareholder, owning a little more than 60% of its outstanding shares.
|Income before tax||13,790.69M||1,760.09M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.16||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||106,211.68M||13,555.71M|
|Currency in HKD||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019|
|Income before tax||18,299.91M||498.91M||2,989.95M||15,493.84M||13,790.69M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.20||0||0.06||0.15||0.16|
|Operating cash flow||104,446.20M||87,546.09M||98,345.62M||110,423.08M||106,211.68M|
|Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019|
|Income before tax||2,360.49M||64.27M||383.68M||1,976.87M||1,760.09M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.02||0||0.00||0.01||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||13,472.45M||11,278.14M||12,620.03M||14,088.98M||13,555.71M|
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Xiao Chu Wang
- Chief Financial Officer & Executive Director: Ke Bing Zhu
- Executive Director & Senior Vice President: Yun Jun Fan
- Senior Vice President: Biao He
- Senior Vice President: Yan Zhou Mai
- China United Network Communications Ltd. (53.5%)
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission (27.1%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (0.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (0.3%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd. (0.3%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (0.2%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd. (0.1%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.1%)
- Swedbank Robur Fonder AB (0.1%)
- Wellington Management Co. LLP (0.1%)
- Address: 75th Floor, The Center, 99 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Phone: +852.2126.2018
- China United Network Communications Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom Leasing Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom (Heilongjiang) Industrial Internet Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom WO Music & Culture Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom iRead Science & Culture Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom Internet of Things Corp. Ltd.
- China Unicom Video Technology Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom (Shanghai) Industrial Internet Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom (Shaanxi) Industrial Internet Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom (Liaoning) Industrial Internet Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom (Sichuan) Industrial Internet Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom Xiongan Industrial Internet Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom (Shanxi) Industrial Internet Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom (Fujian) Industrial Internet Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom (ShanDong) Industrial Internet Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom (Zhejiang) Industry Internet Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom (Guangdong Branch) Internet Industry Ltd.
- Liantong Travel Service (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
- Unicom Big Data Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom Innovation Investment (Shenzhen) Investment Ctr
- China Unicom Innovation Investment Company (Guizhou) Ltd.
- China Unicom Innovation Investment Company (Shenzhen) Ltd.
- Unicom Intelligent Vehicle Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Unicom Intelligent Network Ruixing Technology (Beijing) Co.,
- Xiaowo Technology Co., Ltd.
- Unicom Innovation Investment Co., Ltd.
- China Unicom Intelligence Security Technology Corp. Ltd.
- Guangdong Unicom Communication Construction Co., Ltd.
- Zhengzhou Kaicheng Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Huaxia P&T Project Consultation & Management Co., Ltd.
- PCCW Limited
- Telefonica SA
- China Telecom Corp. Ltd. Class H
- HKT Trust and HKT Ltd
- Shanghai AtHub Co., Ltd. Class A
- GDS Holdings Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 20 Jan, 2021
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.