Chongqing Changan Automobile Co. Ltd.
In the news
- China's Geely Auto to raise $825m from equity issue May 30, 2020
- China's Changan to start mass-producing autonomous car Mar 12, 2020
- As China market shrinks for second year, automakers plan retreat Jan 14, 2020
- China's SAIC and GAC seek safety in numbers as car sales fall Dec 25, 2019
- China's corporations report weak first-half earnings Jul 25, 2019 See more articles on Chongqing Changan Automobile Co. Ltd.
Chongqing Changan Automobile is a core company of Chongqing-based Changan Automobile Group. It is one of China's five biggest automakers, along with First Automobile Works Group, Dongfeng Motor, SAIC Motor and Chery Automobile. Its origins can be traced back to 1862. The company is under the umbrella of China South Industries Group, a state-owned arms manufacturer.
The company's strength is in small cars. In addition to its own-brand passenger vehicles, minivans, small trucks and SUVs, it also manufactures engines. Chongqing Changan Automobile operates joint ventures with such foreign carmakers as Suzuki Motor and Mazda Motor of Japan, Ford Motor of the U.S. and PSA Peugeot Citroen of France. Most taxis in Chongqing are small cars manufactured by a joint venture with Suzuki Motor.
It currently produces own-brand vehicles in Chongqing, Beijing and Hefei, Auhui Province. This April, the company decided to issue 6 billion yuan ($966 million) in new shares to its group companies and others as part of its push to boost production and sales of own-brand vehicles. It aims to produce and sell 1.17 million such vehicles a year from 2017.
Chairman Xu Liuping said his company will focus on developing new-energy vehicles, with the aim of raising the share of such cars to total production to 30% by 2020. The company sees Russia as an important overseas market, and also has production facilities in Iran and Brazil. It has about 80,000 employees.
|Income before tax||3,163.31M||458.30M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.23||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||11,776.73M||1,706.22M|
|Currency in CNY||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||786.10M||325.99M||990.10M||-83.55M||3,163.31M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.44||0.33||0.01||0||0.23|
|Operating cash flow||12,085.72M||7,357.53M||-2,489.82M||5,268.59M||11,776.73M|
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||Dec 2019||Dec 2020|
|Income before tax||118.32M||48.23M||149.63M||-12.09M||458.30M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.06||0.05||0.00||0||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||1,819.16M||1,088.67M||-376.27M||762.47M||1,706.22M|
- President, General Manager & Director: Hua Rong Zhu
- Vice President: Wei Li
- Vice President: Ming Xue Yuan
- Secretary: Jun Li
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission (45.6%)
- China Securities Finance Corp. Ltd. (5.6%)
- China Southern Asset Management Co., Ltd. (3.5%)
- Invesco Great Wall Fund Management Co. Ltd. (Invt Mgmt) (1.8%)
- China Investment Corp. (Investment Management) (1.3%)
- Allianz Global Investors Asia Pacific Ltd. (1.1%)
- Galaxy Gold Forex Securities Asset Management Co. Ltd. (0.9%)
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, NA (Investment Management) (0.7%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (0.4%)
- E Fund Management Co., Ltd. (0.3%)
- Address: No. 260, Jian Xin East Road, Jiangbei District, Chongqing, 400023, China
- Phone: +86.23.6759.4009
- Chongqing Changan New Energy Automobile Technology Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Chehemei Technology Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Changan New Energy Automobile Co., Ltd.
- Xiamen Changan New Energy Automobile Co., Ltd.
- Fuqing Changan New Energy Automobile Co., Ltd.
- Nanjing Changan New Energy Automobile Sales & Service
- Nanjing Changan Connected Car Technology Co., Ltd.
- Hefei Changan Yixing Technology Co., Ltd.
- Hangzhou Changan Yixing Technology Co., Ltd.
- Changan automobile investment (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.
- Changan Brazil Holdings Ltd.
- Changan Automobile Russia Co. Ltd.
- Changan US Research & Development Center, Inc.
- Changan Japan Designing Center Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Changan R&D Center Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Changan Europe Design Academy Co. Ltd.
- Zhenjiang Demao Hairun Equity Investment Fund LP
- Baoding Changan Bus Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Changfeng Jiquan Machinary Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Changan Automobile Supporting Service Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Changan Property Management Co., Ltd.
- Changan UK R&D Centre Ltd.
- Chongqing Xiyi Automobile Linkage Rod Co. Ltd.
- Hefei Changan Automobile Co., Ltd.
- Baoding Changan Bus Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Changan Connected Car Technology Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Changan New Energy Automobile Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Changan International Automobile Sales Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Chang'an Jinling Automobile Parts Co. Ltd.
- Nanjing Changan Automobile Co., Ltd.
- Dongfeng Automobile Co., Ltd. Class A
- Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd. Class A
- Great Wall Motor Co., Ltd. Class H
- Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., Ltd. Class H
- Hanma Technology Group Co., Ltd. Class A
- China Zenix Auto International Ltd. Sponsored ADR
Copyright © 2021 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 22 Oct, 2021
Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.