Welcome to our new website
As well as being able to load content faster than ever before, you'll now find it's much easier to find all the content you need about the Asian business world.
Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co., Ltd.
- 16,100.00 KRW
South KoreaApr 19, 2018
Market cap (KRW)1,745.99B
Market cap (USD)1,644.83M
In the news
- Nikkei Asia300 Index little changed as concerns linger over US trade policies Mar 15, 2018
- Commodities, tech led Asia's first equity bull run in five years Dec 29, 2017
- Mitsubishi solidarity survived war but succumbs to changing times Dec 24, 2017
- Kia sinks into red quarter amid overtime pay dispute Oct 28, 2017
- South Korea committee votes to resume nuclear plant construction Oct 20, 2017 See more articles on Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co., Ltd.
Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction is a South Korean maker of electric power plants and large transport machinery such as port cranes. Doosan Heavy is the core company of Doosan group, a renowned South Korean conglomerate that has a history of more than 100 years and has sent many top executives to head the Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
But Doosan Heavy joined the group as recently as in 2001. Hyundai Yanghaeng, founded in 1962, became government-owned and was then purchased by Doosan, the holding company of the group. As a result, it has adopted its current name.
Park Gee-won, vice chairman and CEO of Doosan Heavy Industries, is from the founding family of Doosan group. His uncle Park Yong-maan is the owner and manager of the group serving as chairman of Doosan, while elder brother Park Jeong-won also holds a key post in the group.
With its pressured-water reactor technology, Doosan Heavy has been involved in the construction of most of the nuclear power plants in South Korea. It has tied up with Westinghouse Electric, a U.S. company belonging to Japan's Toshiba.
The South Korean government is seeking to increase exports of nuclear power plants as a national policy. In 2009, a consortium of South Korean companies concluded a deal to build four nuclear power plants in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, one of the seven states forming the United Arab Emirates, marking South Korea's first nuclear power plant export. Along with firms such as Korea Electric Power, Doosan Heavy is a key member of the consortium.
Also engaging in water-processing work such as desalination of seawater, factory disposal and sewage treatment, Doosan Heavy has won orders from Saudi Arabia and other countries.
|Income before tax||117,919.85M||104.30M|
|Dividends Per Share||550||0.48|
|Operating cash flow||429,324.78M||379.76M|
|Currency in KRW||Currency in USD|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||98,688.76M||-106,251.88M||-1,531.02B||-244,298.47M||117,919.85M|
|Dividends Per Share||750||750||850||550||550|
|Operating cash flow||150,437.82M||603,808.92M||-74,372.14M||967,566.78M||429,324.78M|
|Dec 2013||Dec 2014||Dec 2015||Dec 2016||Dec 2017|
|Income before tax||90.14M||-100.93M||-1,352.73M||-210.56M||104.30M|
|Dividends Per Share||0.68||0.71||0.75||0.47||0.48|
|Operating cash flow||137.41M||573.60M||-65.71M||833.97M||379.76M|
- Vice Chairman & Co-Chief Executive Officer: Ji-Won Park
- Vice Chairman, Co-Chief Executive Officer & COO: Ji-Taik Chung
- Chief Operating Officer: Hong-Wuk Park
- Co-Chief Operating Officer & Head-Vina Office: Yeon-In Jeong
- Co-COO, Senior MD & Head-Marketing: Young-Chil Jeong
- Doosan Corp. (41.2%)
- National Pension Service of Korea (9.3%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.6%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors (1.4%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. (1.3%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management (0.7%)
- Samsung Asset Management Co., Ltd. (0.5%)
- BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd. (0.3%)
- BNY Mellon Asset Management North America Corp. (0.2%)
- Mirae Asset Global Investments Co., Ltd. (0.2%)
- Address: 22 Doosan volvo-ro, Seongsan-gu, Changwon, 51711, South Korea
- Phone: +82.55.278.6114
- Doosan Heavy Industries America Holdings, Inc.
- Doosan Gridtech
- Doosan Heavy Industries Vietnam Haiphong Co. Ltd.
- Doosan International South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
- Doosan Enpure Ltd.
- Doosan Power Systems India Pvt Ltd.
- Doosan Heavy Industries Vietnam Co. Ltd.
- AE&E Chennai Works Pvt Ltd.
- Ceylon Heavy Industries & Construction Co. Ltd.
- AE&E I.D.E.A India Pvt Ltd.
- Doosan IMGB SA
- Doosan Power Systems Holdings Ltd.
- Doosan International India Pvt Ltd.
- ACT Independent Turbo Services, Inc.
- Doosan Heavy Industries America Corp.
- Doosan Skoda Power s.r.o.
- N. Shaper, Inc.
- Kvaerner IMGB
- American Engineering Services, Inc. /RO-Type Ops/
- Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co., Ltd. ESOA
- Doosan Babcock Ltd.
- Doosan Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Mitsui E&S Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Kubota Corporation
- Caterpillar Inc.
- MAN SE
- Volvo AB Class B
- Wartsila Oyj Abp
- Komatsu Ltd.
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd.
- Deere & Company
- Daihatsu Diesel Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- STX Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Dongbu Corporation
- Constructions Navales Industrielles de la Mediterranee
- Kumho Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Kye-Ryong Construction Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc
- BHI Co., Ltd.
- Hyunjin Materials Co., Ltd
- BWX Technologies, Inc.
- Electro Power Systems S.A.
- PBG S.A.
- Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation
- Veolia Environnement SA
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.Last Updated on 19 Apr, 2018